Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Chart

HI there,
    Is there a limit to the volume that can be entered in volume charts? Like for e.g. I would like to see a 100 million volume chart for SPY. Is that possible? It doesn't look like NT is doing it when I try it out. I get a regular daily chart.
    Thanks,
    AP

Hello apmodeler,

Thanks for posting today.

After testing on my end, I am able to create a 1,000,000 volume chart of SPY as I would expect.

Who are you connected to? This is displayed by green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Drew,
      Can you try a 100 million volume chart for SPY and see if you are getting a volume chart? I'm using kinetick.
      AP

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for replying. My apologies, I must have misread your initial post.

I'm seeing this same behavior on my SPY 100 Million Volume chart. I will need to investigate this matter on my end further to get a better understanding of what we're seeing and why. I will follow up with you directly in this thread with further information.

Comment

Thank you, Drew. Looking forward to hearing from you.
          AP

Comment

Hello AP,

Thanks for your patience.

After testing on my end, it looks like NinjaTrader is plotting a new bar at the end of each day as set up in the Session Template. To work around this, I recommend setting up a custom Session Template in the Session Manager that encompasses an entire week. You can find the Session Manager under Tools -> Session Manager.

Click "New" to create a new Session Template, Assign it a name of your liking, and press OK. Next, click "Add". For my session template, I set the Start Day setting to Sunday at 12:00 AM and the End Day as Saturday at 11:59 PM.

More information can be found below:

Please note that this still may cause a few unexpected bars at the end of each Week, but would provide a much closer representation of what you are looking for.

Comment

Great! Thank you, Drew.

One follow up question, is there a limit to the number of the days or bars that can be loaded?

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Provided your data provider has the amount of data you are requesting available, you should be able to load it within the platform as expected. However, please note that adding additional days to load in the chart would have a large impact in the overall PC performance with the platform.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
                7 responses
                0 likes