Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alarm only working on one condition

Hello,

I am trying to set up a simple alarm for Stochastic crossing below the 80 line or going over the 20 line.

However, when I set up both conditions, only the cross below 80 is triggered, and the cros above 20 is never triggered for any instrument.

I am attaching the snip from the configuration screen.
    Attached Files

Hello user1986,

What is the configuration for the alert that is not working?
    (Currently, you are showing the configuration for the alert that is working correct?)

Also, with the re-arm seconds, if this is set to 0 it will trigger once and then never again.
    If you would like to get an alert each time there is a cross, set the re-arm seconds to 1 or higher.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
      (Currently, you are showing the configuration for the alert that is working correct?)
      Hello Chelsea,

With that configuration it is not working. It shows alarm for all instruments for the cross below 80 condition, regardless of the value fro the Stochastic, and without taking into account if the last cross was that or the above 20...

The re arm period seems to have no effect on it also... The intention of the alarm is to have notification for the instruments were there has been a cross above 20 or under 80 in the last few days.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by user1986; 06-03-2016, 11:04 AM. Reason: added attachment

Comment

Hello user1986,

In my previous post, I am letting you know that an alert will only trigger once if the re-arm seconds is set to 0. If you only want 1 alert, keep this set to 0. This was just meant to be a tip and does not address the configuration of the alert that is not working.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post
          (Currently, you are showing the configuration for the alert that is working correct?).
          I am not sure what you mean by "configuration".

The alarm is not working at all... as shown in the previous post attachment, it just gives an alert for the cross below 80 condition, whether the condition is actually met by the instrument or not.

Both alert conditions are set up in the same way, just opposite triggers (cross above 20 / cross below 80)

Comment

Hello user1986,

In your first post, you included a screenshot of the configuration of the Alert that is triggered when the Stochastics crosses below 80.
            However, you also mentioned that this alert works fine.

Your inquiry was about the alert that is triggered when there is a cross above 20, but there is no screenshot of the parameters you have used for that Alert.

The screenshot of the alert where there is a cross below 80 does not help us to see how the alert where there is a cross above 20 is set up.

To assist, I have created a quick video to demonstrate how to detect when the Stochastics crosses above 20.
            http://screencast.com/t/oOz8MBHTS

Comment

Dear Chelsea,

Neither of the alarms is working properly. I get the alarms ringing as soon as I open the workspace with alarms for each instrument in the market analyzer list, for the cross below 80 condition (whether the condition has been fulfilled or not in the last bars).
              I am using daily data.

I have tried some more things.
              Setting only the cross below 80 alarm ----- I get an alarm for each instrument when I refresh the Market Analyzer.
              Setting only the cross above 20 alarm ----- I get no alarms whatsoever.

The configuration for these alarms is pretty straight froward from the picture in post#1.... there are only 2 paramenters, the type of comparison (cross above or below) and the number (20 or 80)... no much room to go creative...

Comment

Hello user1986,

You have not shown any screenshot that shows how the second alert is configured. I do not know what you have entered so I cannot advised what to change. You must show us what you entered into the settings for us to assist.

In post #3 and post #5 you have mentioned that you did get an alert for the cross below 80. Is this not true?

May I confirm that you have watched the video I have demonstrated this alert where the Stochastics crosses above 20?

Also, if you are only getting an alert once when refreshing the Market Analyzer, this is because the re-arm seconds is set to 0 as I have mentioned in post #2.
                If the re-arm seconds is set to 0, you will only get one alert and it will not re-arm for another alert.

If you have followed the video and you are still not getting an alert, I would like to schedule a call with you so that I may watch you perform these steps. Please send an email to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com. In the email include a link to this forum thread.
                Last edited by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB; 06-03-2016, 02:50 PM.

Comment

Yes, I have watched the video and rechecked that everything was correctly set up.

Also, I am not getting the alert when refreshing the analyzer because the condition was met, but just because I refresh the analyzer (it does not care what the actual values are).

Don't worry about it, I appreciate your support but I will not waste any more of your time or mine with this issue, and solve it through a custom indicator that I know I can code to work properly.

Thanks again for the help.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by r68cervera, Today, 05:29 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post r68cervera  
                  Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes