Historical Data and Continuous Contracts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Historical Data and Continuous Contracts

How do I get Continuous contracts to load to current data. (I'm using Kinetick Free end of day data) ... I have for example CL ##-## listed in the historical data manager but when open it in the edit tab I see that the data hasn't been updated even after I have done the "Reload All" function. The only way I have gotten it to update is if I delete the data and reload it into a chart. Then it will update and export it with the current data. What am I doing wrong?
    Last edited by DuggyLou; 06-09-2016, 12:07 AM.

Hello DuggyLou,

Did you already have the Historical Data Manager opened when you created the continuous chart?

Am I correct the chart does load all requested data?

If you close and re-open the Historical Data Manager, do you see the historical daily data?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What I'm seeing is that it is only updated if I have a chart of that continuous contract open. The continuous chart does have the latest data. If I close and reopen the manager the data only has the new data if I had the corresponding chart loaded. I don't usually run continuous charts. Just the monthly chart ie CL 07-16 but not CL ##-## .. It's a bit inconvenient to have to open a ##-## chart just in order to get the historical data.. Am I still missing something?

Comment

Unfortunately this is as expected. Please note that continuous data is saved separate from data for individual expiry months. If you do not have a continuous chart opened, it will not load continuous data in the Historical Data Manager.

Comment

Ok, Thanks for clearing that up. It would be nice if one could have the option of reloading all data to current for non-active instruments also..

Comment

I will forward the suggestion to development to put it on the list of possible future enhancements. Thank you for your feedback.

Comment

You could create a custom instrument list and load historical data for all instruments part of this instrument list using the Historical Data Manager-->Download-tab. Instructions to create custom instrument lists can be found at the link below.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
              47 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post aligator  
              Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes