Where Is Tradestation?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where Is Tradestation?

Sorry but this is a really simple (and silly?) newbie question. I am presently evaluating Ninjatrader so I have downloaded the basic application and am running Simulated Data Feed. After viewing the videos and reading the help text it seems really simple. Start application, connect to vendor and start Tradestation. But I am unable to find a link to Tradestation anywhere. The only reference to Tradestation is in Tools-> Options-> ATI and Tradestation settings.

Have I missed a step, or missed part of the download? I removed the application twice and installed it fresh from the site with the same results.

Thanks....... FuzzyDuck

TradeStation is a brokerage/application front separate from NinjaTrader. The functionality is there if you want to use NinjaTrader with your TradeStation broker, but it is not necessary to have TradeStation to use the full functionality of NinjaTrader since you can connect to a number of other brokerages.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the response, but I had realised that. A lot of the tutorials and functions use Tradestation and without my ability to run it I would seem to miss a lot of the functionality. How do I access it from the menus, or download it from a site. A search of the web finds an app named Tradestation. Is the the same app that is referred to in the tutorials?

Thanks.

Comment

Not sure what you mean. TradeStation is not part of NinjaTrader. You cannot use TradeStation if you do not have an account with their brokerage. You will need to contact their company directly if you wish to get more details about them.

Comment

Sorry I'm new to your app, but it's one of about four that I am benchmarking. As a lot of your documentation requests starting Tradestation I thought it would be a simple question. But thanks, I will look for it on your vendors sites.

Comment

Please be more specific as to which documentation article you are reading requiring TradeStation. All core NinjaTrader functionality does not use TradeStation at all.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by DavidHP, Today, 07:56 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
            Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes