• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2 access live trading

Hello,

because of an issue today with my internetconnection I want to ask please :

I´m running NT7 on "computer1" with "internetconnection1"
    I´m running cqg-trader on "computer2" with "internetconnection2" for exact this situation that occured today:

Today there was the issue with internetconnection1 and I wanted to close a trade on computer2 with cqg-trader. But I was not sure about impacts so I want to ask please: In this case the autoscript on computer1 with NT7 persists running. The accurate question is now which order in the autoscript could cause an entry (because I´m flat with closing by cqg-trader):

Ninjatrader7 autoscript on computer1
    a.) Setprofittarget triggered: is there an entry?
    b.) Setstoploss triggered: is there an entry?
    c.) exit-conditions in the script with"ExitShort(1,"ta1", "a1); when the condition for this "target by conditions" is true, is there an entry?

Thank you
    Tony

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your post.

If the strategy still calculates that it is in a position and you are truly flat, if one of the orders fill that were intended as exits - they will instead enter into a position on the account.

Please visit the following link for details on the strategy and account position: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG..._account_p.htm

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply.

I seperated in my question a, b, and c.

With your reply I understand that all 3 situations would cause an entry even when flat already with cqg? Also SetStopLoss or SetProfitTarget would cause an entry?

Thanks
      Tony

Comment

Hello Tony,

That is correct.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

thank you for your reply. Setstoploss and SetProfittarget cause with the entry a working or accepted order on exchange or your servers. They do their job from there (exchange or servers) untill they are cancelled or filled and then they are not there anymore. When I close a trade with cqg trader because my internetconnection with NT is interrupted then there is no more stoploss or profittarget on exchange or your (NT-brokerage) servers. Why should (how could??) there be a new position caused by the stoploss or the target in my flat marketposition when stoploss and targets are not there anymore.

PS: I understand that some coded orders like ExitLongStop or ExitLong by conditions in the code would not work OK in the described situation. But how can a bell named profittarget or stoploss ring when its not there?

Thanks
          Tony
          Last edited by tonynt; 06-15-2016, 01:22 AM. Reason: typing error

Comment

Hello Tony,

Thank you for your response.

In that specific circumstance I would not expect a position. Do you have a specific case of this? If so, can you send those details along with the log and trace to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com so we may investigate the matter further?

Comment

Hello,

thank you for your reply. This specific circumstance is what I asked when starting this thread. I would like to know before I run into troubles. This is nothing specific related to an issue of mine, its a queston about order handling with NT.

Thank you!
              Tony

Comment

Hello tonynt,

Thank you for your response.

If you cancel the orders they will not fill. So there would be no entry in that case. If you closed the position but did not cancel the orders, then they could fill and enter you into a new position.

Comment

Hello Patrick,

I wrote SetStopLoss and SetProfitTarget in my question. They are tied to a position quantity., so if I close the position the SetStopLoss and SetProfitTarget are cancelled. If not, I have to jump back 7 years and start again with everyhting;-)

Thanks
                  Tony

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by SantoshXX, Today, 03:09 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post SantoshXX  
                  Started by DanielTynera, Today, 01:14 AM
                  0 responses