TDA Connection Lost Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TDA Connection Lost Problems

I have been experiencing losing my TDA connection ever since I started to live trade on May 23rd.

"TD Ameritrade: Primary Connection=Connected, Price Feed=Connection Lost" (No color to the background) is the most common error message I get. I also often get "TDAmeritrade: ERROR: CONNDEAD SID=22274 RetCode=11 Mess=Service not available or temporary down.(Green background)

I run a NinjaScript strategy on NT7 with a Kinetick data feed and TDA brokerage account to trade stocks.

I've had extensive sessions with NT, my ISP(ATT), and front line tech at TDA. The higher level tech group, [email protected], you may as well forget; even TDA techs have to email them to communicate.......very poor customer service TDA puts you through at APIDEV@TDAMERITRADE. (They haven't even followed up with the NT rep. that has been trying to help me solve this issue.)

I am trying to find a solution and stay with TDA due to the lower fees I would receive as opposed to IB.

I have gone to a friend's house that uses a different ISP and got the same problem. I deleted and re-downloaded NT7 and got the same problem. I have downloaded NT7 onto a different computer and still have the same problem. Four different techs at my ISP have looked at re-configuring my ports, computer settings, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

It would not be possible for NinjaTrader to control the status of your connection, as NinjaTrader can only report the status of the connection as it is reported to it by the API in use. However, I'm happy to check your log and trace files for errors or further information. From there, we can discuss other tests to run and possible solutions to this matter.

Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160614.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160614.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by TonyZ21 View Post
      I have been experiencing losing my TDA connection ever since I started to live trade on May 23rd.

"TD Ameritrade: Primary Connection=Connected, Price Feed=Connection Lost" (No color to the background) is the most common error message I get. I also often get "TDAmeritrade: ERROR: CONNDEAD SID=22274 RetCode=11 Mess=Service not available or temporary down.(Green background)

I run a NinjaScript strategy on NT7 with a Kinetick data feed and TDA brokerage account to trade stocks.

I've had extensive sessions with NT, my ISP(ATT), and front line tech at TDA. The higher level tech group, [email protected], you may as well forget; even TDA techs have to email them to communicate.......very poor customer service TDA puts you through at APIDEV@TDAMERITRADE. (They haven't even followed up with the NT rep. that has been trying to help me solve this issue.)

I am trying to find a solution and stay with TDA due to the lower fees I would receive as opposed to IB.

I have gone to a friend's house that uses a different ISP and got the same problem. I deleted and re-downloaded NT7 and got the same problem. I have downloaded NT7 onto a different computer and still have the same problem. Four different techs at my ISP have looked at re-configuring my ports, computer settings, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you.
      I run 2 TDA connections here and Rithmic/NT Continuum connections also. I have not had any problems like you have experienced.

What ISP does your friend have?

I'm on a cable modem with 30 down/6 up.

What do you have with AT&T? Is this DSL perhaps? Which router do you have?

What does speedtest.net show as your speeds?

And are you using a network wire to the router? Forget wireless. Wired that connection up.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
        I run 2 TDA connections here and Rithmic/NT Continuum connections also. I have not had any problems like you have experienced.

What ISP does your friend have?

I'm on a cable modem with 30 down/6 up.

What do you have with AT&T? Is this DSL perhaps? Which router do you have?

What does speedtest.net show as your speeds?

And are you using a network wire to the router? Forget wireless. Wired that connection up.
        Thanks Sledge for your attention to this very frustrating problem.

My friend has Time Warner Cable. My service is DSL. They just installed a brand new Pace model 5268AC modem, thinking that maybe a different manufacturer's product would help. The speedtest numbers are Ping of 24, Download of 7.45 and Upload of 1.48. My computer is directly connected to the modem.

Comment

TDA connection issues

I have the exact connection problem between NT7 and TDA.

I tried many server, computers and different ISPs but the the connection is basicaly is not exists....

Unfortunately, the connection looks better in NT8 BUT the NT8 does not recognize orders to TDA so I basically doing restart to NT7 every 10 min...

Comment

Yoram:

What do you mean by , "NT8 does not recognize orders to TDA"?

I was told by NT that NT8 is compatible with TDAm.

Comment

This is the problem

When I connect TradeStation to NT7 and send orders to TDA, everything is fine.
              When I try to do the same with NT8 the orders are not sending to TDA by NT8 and the NT8 does not recognize the TradeStation and not give the TDA account value and the other info...

Comment

Hello Yoram,
                Thanks for your post.
                Orders in NinjaTrader 8 to TD Ameritrade do work.
                You can email platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com on this to look further into.
                BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post DayTradingDEMON  
                Started by geddyisodin, Yesterday, 05:20 AM
                9 responses
                0 likes