Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pivot Points all 0

Hello,

The Pivot Points are not currently showing up on my chart in Market Replay. They were there until earlier today.

Chart Type: Tick
    PivotRangeType: Daily
    PriorDayHLC: UserDefinedValues (I have been using this setting for the past few days because NT stopped loading the prior days data and so could not pick up the prior days HLC. Is there any way to resolve this?)
    AutoSale: False (I have tried setting to true, but all the Pivots show up as 0 in data box)

Also, is there any way to lock the scale justification of a plot to the left of the chart, as sometimes I accidentally select the plot and move it to the right, which distorts the chart?

Thank you!

Hello GeorgeW,

Did you enter values for UserDefinedClose/High/Low in the Pivot settings? If PriorDayHLC is set to UserDefinedValues, you will need to manually enter the HLC values which the Pivots indicator will use to calculate the support and resistance lines.

Yes, please set 'Scale justification' to Left for the indicator or data series. You can find this setting in the Data Series menu and in the Indicator menu for each indicator.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jason,

I have manually entered the HLC which worked on previous days, but does not give any results now.

With regards to scale justification left, I have set that, but if the plot is accidentally selected whilst moving the mouse and dragged to the right, it moves the scale justification to the right and distorts all the other indicators. So what I was seeking was some way to lock it to the left.

Thank you!

Comment

Can you please click and hold your left mouse button on the right side of the price axis. Move downwards and check if you see the support and resistance lines.

Does it make a difference if you try a restart of NinjaTrader (if not already)?

Please right click in the chart and select 'Properties'. Set 'Allow the selection or drag/drop of chart series' to False and click OK. Unfortunately I do not see a way to lock the Scale justification setting.

Comment

I have restarted NT several times and also left mouse clicked in the price field and dragged down, but the Pivots are not there. The databox is showing all of them as 0.

Comment

How many price bars are loaded in the chart? Please make sure at least 20 price bars are loaded.

What instrument do you have selected in the chart and what date do you replay?

Comment

There are more than 20 price bars loaded in the chart, and other indicators which require at least 20 bars are working fine. I have ES 06/16 selected and I am replaying 6th April 2016.

Comment

It works fine when I test it on my end. Can you please shut down NinjaTrader and navigate to the location below.

Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->db

Delete the cache folder that is within the db folder.

The cache folder is used to quickly load data in chart windows - the actual data is saved in the tick, minute and day folders. The first time you load data after deleting the db-->cache folder, it will take a little longer to load than usual. Once all data is loaded, it will load data quickly again.

Start NinjaTrader and check if the issue remains.
                Attached Files

Comment

I have already emptied all the following folders (cache > log > trace), and restarted, but still the same.

Comment

Can you please proceed as follows. While NinjaTrader is shut down, please navigate to the folder below.

Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file that is within the workspaces folder. This will not delete your workspaces, but ensures no workspaces will be opened on startup.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. You will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

Start NinjaTrader and and connect to the Market Replay. Create a new chart for the ES 06-16 and add the Pivots indicator. Check if it is plotted in the chart.

Comment

I will try this in a while, as I have manually calculated and inserted the pivots and am running a simulation at the moment.

Thanks again.

Comment

Hello Jason,
                        I have tried your suggestion, and I am still not getting any pivots.
                        • After deleting the workspace.xml, I started NT and loaded a new chart. Even though it is a 150 tick chart as opposed to the 850 in my workspaces, it still displayed the manual resistance lines I have drawn in my normal workspaces.
                        • There were no pivots displayed. The Data Box shows all the pivots as 0.
                        • When I right click and look at the data series properties, the "End Date" is the same as the "From" date of the market replay control, so it will not be able to pick up any information from the previous day to calculate the pivots.

Comment

I have changed the number of days data to load from 3 to 30, and pivot points are now being displayed, but they are incorrect. The "End Date" in the data series properties is still the same as the "From" date of the market replay control.

Comment

I think the problem is the same as the one identified here, regarding the End Date not updating. http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=61028

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160616.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160616.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
                              Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                              7 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post yertle
                              by yertle