X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What video card are you using? Trader_55

Comment

Thank you for clarifying.

We received the files. Please expect a response later today.
      JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK, the issue just re-occurred as I knew it would during the volatile trading that has been taking place Thursday evening as the Brexit votes come in. The Dow is whipping up and down, and after an hour of this, the system froze.

Just a note, I was running only a single copy of NT with nothing else open, just like radical trader has been doing. I sent in my log and trace files.

NT Support: We have done more than enough to prove to you beyond any doubt that this is not because of multiple copies of NT running, as you have exactly the same circumstance happening to at least 2 (and probably more people) who are running single copies of NT. The only way you are going to see this is if you run your own systems during highly volatile times, as I have mentioned once before.

Your developers need to:

(1) Put a copy of NT 7 running on a machine somewhere with some more detailed debugging/trace statements involved.

(2) Run this all the time, particularly during volatile times.

When you see the issue occurring for you, the more detailed statements in the code may give your developers something they can go on. At the very least, if it is a problem with FXCM, it will give you detailed evidence that you can present them with that something is wrong with how they are handling this.

Volatile times are exactly the wrong time to see data freezes, and this is exactly the time that it is occurring. I started this thread to try to get past the standard "please send in your trace files and have you considered it could be something you are doing?" responses which is what all of us have been getting. This isn't us, it's you and FXCM. And you will actually need to do some debugging work to track it down with your development team, or it will never change. Data is kind of important, you can't have a product which continuously drops connections to one of your major brokers.

Comment

Hello NinjaTrader_Jason,

I have the same issue with FXCM and NT7. Running one copy of NT7 with FXCM connection. When the market becomes volatile the connection is showing green but prices freeze. I've restarted (again) and still no joy. Unable to trade, so connection to FXCM is pretty useless currently. Can you please fix this.

Comment

Hello gs0777,

Can you please send me all your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, FXCM connection - one more attempt to try to fix this' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.
            JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have the same freezing but I haven't had a problem since Monday. high Volatility or Low Volatility........ seams to have no preference to freezing on my system.
              I feel mine is a software issue.....I can still see the FXCM connection and data flow on my network.

Im trading AUD/USD on FXCM.

Comment

I received this from another forum from FXCM

"tell them to try this. Reset instrument panel. Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments"

Fingers crossed it helps

Comment

Originally posted by radicaltrader View Post
                  I received this from another forum from FXCM

"tell them to try this. Reset instrument panel. Tools menu, select the Options menu item, select the Data tab, and then click on 'Reset Instruments"

Fingers crossed it helps
                  I think I already tried that before, but I can try it again.

Comment

Originally posted by radicaltrader View Post
                    I have the same freezing but I haven't had a problem since Monday. high Volatility or Low Volatility........ seams to have no preference to freezing on my system.
                    I feel mine is a software issue.....I can still see the FXCM connection and data flow on my network.

Im trading AUD/USD on FXCM.
                    I heard back from NT support and they said that the other person had an issue that was different to mine as well. Having said that, I have a way for NT support to test the issue that is occurring to me.

I have a feeling that the issue may have to do with CPU load under periods of high stress. I do have a fair number of charts open, which at times of extreme volatility could spike the CPU to 100% for a few seconds. Most of time it's not like that, but when the data is coming in fast that could happen.

Could we direct a question to NT development, and ask them if it's possible that if the CPU was stuck at 100% for a few seconds while processing chart data that somehow this could affect the way it handles data coming in from FXCM? Does the data get "queued up" in any way while the draw is being drawn, and could this cause things to freeze up somehow?

There is a simple way to test this: set up an NT 7 installation with a whole bunch of charts, so that it's always under pretty high CPU load (higher than what I've got). Make it so that even a mild spike in volatility can cause the CPU to get to 100% for a short while. And then test out if this causes the connection to freeze on your end. This should not be happening, since NT should be able to handle this without screwing up the connection, it should just slow down the charts and cause the display of data to be delayed (which is what happens with other connections), but maybe the connection to FXCM is somehow different. Can NT support test this out?

Comment

Hi, I have me too the same freezing problem on my system, and me too it comes on both high or Low Volatility period. I sent my logs to NT support and Fxcm support, but both told me they see nothing on their side and it should be a configuration problem from my side, that's all.I'm still looking for the solution...

Comment

Rizki,

I see a few inquiries in our ticketing system for you over the past month or so. My colleague provided some steps to further troubleshoot but we did not receive a follow up message.

Please reply to these messages or write a new message into PlatformSupport [AT] NinjaTrader [DOT] com so we can continue to troubleshoot what you are experiencing. When you write in, please include a brief summary of what is occurring.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by bmartz, 03-12-2024, 06:12 AM
                        5 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post Aviram Y