Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot Load Indicators - Error Message: Could Not Be Deserialized

Hello,

When I ran NinjaTrader 7 this morning, my Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program came up and said that a .dll file in my NinjaTrader Documents folder was a Trojan and then would not let me start NinjaTrader.

It said the file was located at: Documents\NinjaTrader 7/bin\Custom\NcatWorkspaceManager.dll

After deleting the quarantined file, the only way I could get NinjaTrader to start was to delete the NcatWorkspaceManager zip file (an indicator I purchased a long while back) in my NinjaTrader documents folder.

After that when I opened a workspace in NinjaTrader, I noticed that a few of the indicators that I use were not on my workspace.

I tried to add those indicators but got the following error message:

VolumeUpDown could not be deserialized

I also got the same error with the Bollinger, MACD, Swing indicator and others.

Not sure if the malware program is giving off false signals, and then blocked access to my NinjaTrader indicators, or if there is some other problem.

I already tried the following:

* Deleted the XML file in: Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\Indicator

* Closed down NinaTrader and removed the _Workspaces.xml from the Documents > NinjaTrader7 > Workspaces folder, then re-started NT

* Shut down NinjaTrader and went to the (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\templates\ChartSeries directory on my computer. In that folder, deleted Day.xml. Then restarted NinjaTrader 7.

* Trying doing a NinjaTrader Restore, but got the following error message: "NinjaScript files can't be restored, since they would corrupt your installation."

Nothing above that I tried worked. I cannot add any of the basic indicators that come installed with NinjaTrader onto my workspace.

Screenshots attached.

Please advise,
    Attached Files

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

The .dll file that was removed by the antivirus was actually likely a safe file. It appears to be an indicator assembly's .dll file, which would be necessary for the functionality of the indicators part of the assembly.

I'd like to see your log and trace files. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160616.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160616.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post f.saeidi  
    Started by ZenCortexHurry, Today, 01:07 PM