Collapse

simple strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you very much for your professionalism. Now the market is stopped, tomorrow check it and tell you.
    A hug.

Comment

Hello again, I just would like this strategy to be opened to second, this is impossible right? NinjaTrader is a problem in programming, mql4 has nothing to do. I honestly do not understand why there is so much trouble to open an order in one hour, minute and second I choose.

I give it as impossible.

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thanks for your post. In a quick review of this thread it appears you are wanting to be able to place an order based on a variable time.

Can you clarify what actions you are seeing when you run the example TimeSpanExample.cs? Does the order get placed at the specific time or at all or later/earlier?

Can you advise what instrument, bar type and time frame you are apply the test example to?
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
          Hello punkiy2111,

Thanks for your post. In a quick review of this thread it appears you are wanting to be able to place an order based on a variable time.

Can you clarify what actions you are seeing when you run the example TimeSpanExample.cs? Does the order get placed at the specific time or at all or later/earlier?

Can you advise what instrument, bar type and time frame you are apply the test example to?
          Hello, good afternoon, what I want to achieve with this strategy is to open a buy me a 5 ticks above the price, that is correct, but what does well is that it opens the order at the close of the candle.

Basically what I want to achieve is to open me a purchase order hour, minute and second I choose.

I want to open the order, for example at 17:25:17 sec, that's what I want.
          It does not matter in principle to that instrument, it would serve for any instrument and 1 minute charts. Perhaps the problem is that is not calculated at the close of the candle.

You could get it to work if you change

protected override void OnBarUpdate ()

the other order?

protected override void OnMarketData (MarketDataEventArgs e)

Of course I do not know how you set, so I asked for help,

Thank you.

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for any misunderstandings on our part and would like to clarify as you have said things that can be read a couple of different way. Let me ask specific questions:

1) Are you wanting to place an order immediately when your entry conditions exists (regardless of bar close)?
            2) Are you wanting to SET a specific time to entry, regardless of price?

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Paul View Post
              Hello punkiy2111,

Thanks for your reply.

I apologize for any misunderstandings on our part and would like to clarify as you have said things that can be read a couple of different way. Let me ask specific questions:

1) Are you wanting to place an order immediately when your entry conditions exists (regardless of bar close)?
              2) Are you wanting to SET a specific time to entry, regardless of price?
              Right, I do not mind the price at that time, I care about it is that the order appears to sec 17:44:38 for example

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thanks for your reply.

If you wish to place an order at a specific time that you wish to SET, regardless of price then the example code TimeSpanExample.cs will provide the ability to input that time. What you would change would be to use EnterLong() to place a market order that will fill immediately depending upon market conditions and set the mode to be CalculateOnBarClose = false so that the code will operate on each tick of data and again depending on market conditions when the time matches what you set with the tick then your market order will be placed and then filled as market conditions permit.

References: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...onbarclose.htm

Please note that this would be applicable to live or market replay data only.

Comment

But then how would the order specifically? you could write? Thank you.

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thanks for your reply.

Please see the example code TimeSpanExample.cs in post #15.
                    In that example change:
                    CalculateOnBarClose = true; to CalculateOnBarClose = false;
                    EnterLongStop(Close[0] + 5 * TickSize); to EnterLong();

Comment

It does not work either

Comment

Hello punkiy2111,

Thanks for your reply.

To assist you, please provide the specific code you are using, the setting you entered and a screenshot of results obtains that shows the entry location and time.

If you would prefer not to post online, please feel free to send your code and screenshot to PlatformSupport[at]NinjaTrader[dot]com Atten:Paul and a link to this thread.

Comment

I send an email now

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by Stanfillirenfro, Yesterday, 09:19 AM
                          7 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                          Started by TraderCro, 04-12-2024, 11:36 AM