Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategy Not Working Consistently

Hi,
    I have a simple NT version 7 Strategy that calls a simple version 7 ATM strategy with 1 contract, with 1 Profit Target and 1 Stop Loss. For the most of the time it works flawlessly. However, once in a while the ATM strategy opens a position without corresponding Profit Target and Stop Loss. Consequently, I am left with a 'naked' open position (See attached screen shot. Notice for every Entry there is one Target1 and one Stop1 except when it goes rogue). What can I do to correct this issue?

Respectfully,

TazManII
    Attached Files

Originally posted by TazManII View Post
    Hi,
    I have a simple NT version 7 Strategy that calls a simple version 7 ATM strategy with 1 contract, with 1 Profit Target and 1 Stop Loss. For the most of the time it works flawlessly. However, once in a while the ATM strategy opens a position without corresponding Profit Target and Stop Loss. Consequently, I am left with a 'naked' open position (See attached screen shot. Notice for every Entry there is one Target1 and one Stop1 except when it goes rogue). What can I do to correct this issue?

Respectfully,

TazManII
    Are there any corresponding errors in your log?

Comment

Thanks for your prompt reply. That's a good question. I did not check at the time of the issue and regret to report that I had closed the platform since than. I just restarted NT again but apparently, it does not keep logs from prior session. Given this occurs sporadically, the next time it occurs I will take a screenshot and post it to this thread. Please stand-by.

Sincerely,
      TazManII

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your post.

I would be happy to review your log and trace files for these or any other error messages upon Order Submission. Please send me a note to platformsupport (at) ninjatrader (dot) com. Attach your most current log and trace files to the email, and put a link to this forum post in the body of the email. Please note "ATTN: Drew" in the body of the response.

You will find the log file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Log folder.

The log file will be named "log.20160619.txt"

You will find the trace file on your PC in the (My) Documents > NinjaTrader 7 > Trace folder.

The trace file will be named "trace.20160619.txt"

I look forward to hearing from you.
        Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Drew,
          As requested I have emailed you the requested files (log & trace) for June 19th in a separate email. Please let me know if you need anything else.

Regards,
          TazManII

Comment

Just a thought. I sometimes see the same thing happen and I notice that my ATM strategy sometimes goes back to none selected. Might not be the case for you however it's a good habit to check that you are on the proper (Sim, actual), and that your proper ATM strategy is selected prior to get in the market

Comment

Thanks for your feedback. I will keep an eye on it. However, I am running my ATM inside of Ninja Strategy and triggers the ATM automatically depending on the Buy and Sell conditions. Only thing I have observed it's not consistent, there are no patterns. It happens infrequently.

Respectfully,
              TazManII

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by algospoke, Today, 06:40 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post algospoke  
              Started by maybeimnotrader, Today, 05:46 PM
              0 responses