TradeStation email interface

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TradeStation email interface

I have some questions about the TradeStation email interface to Ninja Trader.

1. The NinjaTrader setup procedure for that interface ends with the warning "Following this setup procedure, orders will NOT be sent to any live TS brokerage account, only to Ninja Trader". But TS gives me the option of sending an email notification when a trade is routed to the TS brokerage. How can Ninja Trader's processing of that email have any affect on the TS brokers filling of that order? And how can the TS broker fill have any affect on the non-TS broker fill routed through Ninja Trader? Will I not just get a simultaneous fill of that order by the TS and non-TS broker?

2. What does Ninja Trader do with an email notification coming from a workspace without "NinjaTrader in its title? I would expect: nothing. Doesn't that give me the facility of having those trades processed by the TS broker and "NinjaTrader" workspace trades processed by a non-TS broker?

3. TradeStation warns against using IntrabarOrderGeneration together with "Strategy will fill non-historical orders only when the TradeManager reports them as filled" because order execution is unpredictable. Stops may be filled more than once or not at all. Is this warning pertinent even for orders filled by a non-TS broker by way of the NinjaTrader email interface? Does TradeManager even know what the actual fill price is for such orders? I want to set my stops in relation to the actual rather than chart entry order fill price. Will NT facilitate this?

Many thanks for any enlightenment.

a) NT places as an order as it receives an email from TS holding the workspace name as documented. Please contact TS support to understand when TS sends emails.
    b) NT does not notify TS on fills/fill prices of orders triggered by the mail interface.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post jaybedreamin  
    Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DJ888