Session Manager Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Session Manager Issue

Two days ago I deleted every pre-loaded session template except for 24/7 and then created a custom session template of my own for general NYSE trading. I did this to further prevent the possibility of accidentally choosing an incorrect session template when initiating a strategy. Ex, All code, strategy thoughts, and market data may be correct but if I were to accidentally leave the default value or through a random click issue select a session template that was not M-F 9:30am to 4pm this could too easily result in a loss. To help prevent this I deleted everything and created only what I needed. I then created a new Instrument list via Import Stock Symbol List and applied my new session template to those instruments.

Since then and I'm not sure exactly when my custom session template is missing and all of the previous templates are now available. The new Instrument list still remains. Could this have been caused by using Options, Data, Reset DB & Reset Instruments functions or might this have been caused by something else?
    Last edited by antrux; 06-24-2016, 12:04 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Resetting instruments will restore all default session templates and return all instruments back to default settings such as the default session template being used.

Custom session templates will be removed if the database file is deleted or renamed within the db folder however would not be removed if you Reset DB within the Data tab.

Did you reset the DB or rename the files or delete the database file manually?
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, very good to know.

Manually all I did, DB wise, was press the two buttons for Reset DB & Reset Instruments.

So based on this I assume that if I use these functions again in the future I will again have to delete all pre-loaded session templates again and recreate my customer one again yes?

Comment

Correct since this would replace the session template with the default one from our servers the instruments would need to be deleted then imported with your custom session template selected that you would want used.
        Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

In NT7 is there a file holding these custom settings that could be saved to prevent having to recreate them after a reset?

Comment

Hello zeller4,

Thank you for your patience.

The information discussed here in this thread is stored in the Database which will not be available if you reset or rename the database.

o prevent running into situations where you can potentially lose important data, we advise running regular backups via our inbuilt backup feature in NinjaTrader.
            Please let me know if you have any questions.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post sidlercom80