Strategy Analyzer Limits?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer Limits?

I'm wondering if they're any limits to strategy analyzer? Limits as in compute time, memory usage, buffer, or etc.

I have a minute based strategy that I can run just fine with no errors on any instrument however when I run that strategy across my list of the S&P 500 I still get no errors in the log however only 46 of them complete with 1 completing partially as in only a few days of information was processed.

The same strategy was applied to a whole instrument list, in analyzer, and so settings were the same for all of them. The time range was 7/1/2015 - 6/24/2016 so just under a year total time. Without manually opening a chart for each of the 500 I have randomly opened a chart for at least 50 or so and the charts all open as usual.

Any suggestions?
    -NT v7.0.1000.31

So after playing around for a while I went to the Historical Data Manager, specified the data range as above and clicked Download. I gave that a few hours and then tested the instrument list again. This time of the 503 instruments listed 419 of them did complete this time so obviously there must have been some issue in getting the data to run the backtest on even though the Log tab didn't show any.

The log tab still doesn't show any errors but the results were much improved. Any ideas?

Comment

Hello,
      What data provider are you connecting too?

I look forward to your reply.
      Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

TD Ameritrade

Comment

Hello,
          Please send us your log and trace files so we may investigate this further.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Please reference the following in the body of the email: http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/f...ad.php?t=86745

Comment

Should I repeat the issue just before sending as I've done quite a bit since then? I'm not sure how much info might be sent in the log.

Comment

Hello,
              Repeating what is occurring would be helpful for the most recent log.
              Thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes
              Last Post rocketman7  
              Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM