Exit with both sides filled

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exit with both sides filled

So I've been wanting an NT strategy to trade on both sides of the market and I got it running by breaking a whole into two parts, and I launch one strategy for all buy orders and another one simultaneously for all sell orders. It's doing alright throughout the day, but bizarre's happening on market closing.

Let's say I have 1 position short and 3 positions long, and enough funds for only 2 margin limits, even if I sell that short position. The brokerage sees that I have net 2 positions long and allows me to go on. At ETD NT tries to close all positions in the following fashion:
    (i) cover 1 short
    (ii) cover the resulting 3 long

Apparently, the order gets rejected because the account value is not enough to hold 3 net positions at a time. So here's the problem - after ETD I'm left in an open position.

Is there a way to set position closing priorities? Or maybe there's another solution for trading on both sides of the market that avoids it altogether? Your help is much appreciated!

I can see that as a problem. For now, you could use the "Time to flatten" with option "Flatten All" enabled.

RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by quantismo, Yesterday, 05:13 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post quantismo  
    Started by maybeimnotrader, Yesterday, 05:46 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes