Duplicate data series cannot be removed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate data series cannot be removed

I tried changing the session template on my chart and now I have two data series but with different templates. The chart looks a mess, and I can't remove either of the data series as they both show "primary series cannot be deleted". What is the solution for this? Thanks

Hello cognis0,

There should only be 1 primary data series in the chart. When I use two data series in 1 chart, I can delete the 2nd data series. I cannot delete the primary data series. I am not sure why you experience the error or both data series.

If you left click the 2nd data series in the chart (you will see small squares on the price bars) and subsequently hit Delete on your keyboard, does it remove the data series?
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I see the same for both of them ~ The primary series on a chart cannot be deleted"

Comment

Are you able to reproduce this when you create a new chart with 2 data series?

You inform that you changed the session template and subsequently you had 2 data series. Am I correct the chart had 1 data series initially, subsequently you changed the session template in the Data Series menu and then a 2nd data series was added?

I suggest to close the chart and open up a new one for just 1 data series.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          Are you able to reproduce this when you create a new chart with 2 data series?

You inform that you changed the session template and subsequently you had 2 data series. Am I correct the chart had 1 data series initially, subsequently you changed the session template in the Data Series menu and then a 2nd data series was added?

I suggest to close the chart and open up a new one for just 1 data series.
          Yes, I replicated this. You assumption is correct. Luckily I saved a template of this chart setup recently so I have been able to create a new chart from scratch. Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by cognis0 View Post
            Yes, I replicated this. You assumption is correct. Luckily I saved a template of this chart setup recently so I have been able to create a new chart from scratch. Thanks
            Aha! So that is how it happened. I reported this once a long time ago, but somehow my report got deleted from the forum. Yes, I have checked all the posts that I originated and my report is gone. Hm.

But thanks for remembering the sequence of events that cause the issue. Next time that I see it, I will not have to edit the xml file to correct it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
            6 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post alifarahani  
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH