Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duplicate ATM exactly

Hi there,

Once I place a trade using an ATM, should I place another trade whilst the first trade is still in play - I'd like the ATM to be duplicated exactly. My initial ATM has 3 contracts, T1, T2 and a Runner. When I place a second trade on, instead of having 3 contracts once again as T1, T2 and Runner... the second batch of 3 contracts simply all get "T1".

I've made this little 30 second video to illustrate what I mean: http://youtu.be/zWLOWE3R6EI?hd=1

Is there anyway to get the ATM simply to function as designed, no matter how many times I use it?

Thanks,
    Michelle

Hello Michelle,

Thank you for writing in.

You will notice after you place your first ATM order, the ATM Strategy drop down box will change from NQ_dt_hall to Active ATM Strategy 1-NQ_dt_hall. You must reselect the ATM Strategy NQ_dt_hall from the drop down before placing your 2nd ATM strategy.

To change the setting that doesn't require you to reselect your strategy, You will want to right click on your SuperDOM>Properties. Change ATM Strategy selection mode to KeepSeelectedAtmStrategyTemplateOnOrderSubmission. Under this selection every time you enter a new position at a new price it will default back to the ATM strategy parameters rather than grouping targets/stops all at one price level.

See ATM Selection Mode section of our Helpguide:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
    Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes