replay mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

replay mode

trying out a strategy in replay mode. I would like to do this on an older contract for example, CL0316. When I try to get a chart of CL0316 to load there is no data. How can I get a chart of an expired contract to load in market replay? Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

What instrument, expiration, date, and time are you attempting to replay?

If you right-click within the Replay Controller and select "Available Data", does this instrument, expiration, date, and time appear as available?

Market Replay works if you have downloaded or recorded market replay data. Please see the below link for detailed instructions on downloading and recording market replay data:

Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

CL 0316 is in the menu. but when I put in the date I am interested in ie April 13,2016 it say no L1 data available.

Comment

Hello einstein, thanks for your post!

I received the same error when attempting to download the same date. I noticed for the CL 03-16 contract that we don't have Market Replay data after Aril 22nd, 2016. If you select a date when downloading before April 22nd, are you able to download Market Replay data for the CL 03-16?
        Riley S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

it say no L2 data available. tried to get data for 04-13

Comment

Hello Einstein,

What you could do to get level 2 data for the CL 03-16 contract would be to visit this site, download the software, open it, grab the username and password they email you and connect to their server.

The Intentional Trader aims to provide you with the new market replay data downloader NinjaTrader 8. You can download multiple days in one click and rest easy as your replay data downloads. Contact us now!

In the Market Reply software, select the CL 03-16 contract from the list on the left side, expand the dates you want and click level 1 and 2. Note this will take a while depending on how many days you download.

Restart NinjaTrader, connect to account connection Market Reply, pull up a chart and type CL 03-16. Then start the player as you normally would.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance.
            Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Christopher_R, Today, 12:29 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post Christopher_R  
            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
            166 responses
            0 likes