Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Login failed: Unspecified Login Error

Hello,

I bought a NT licence a few days ago, and was able to connect to Continuum for Live SIM trading. Today I have started to get the error code: "Login failed: Unspecified Login Error". I do not yet have a broker, but thought the licence allows connection to the Continuum Live SIM data, and it did so for the first few days. Is that correct?

I have tried resetting my modem, shutting down my antivirus and firewall, but I get the same error code. How do I resolve this?

Thanks!

Hello GeorgeW,

The connection error indicates the demo connection is expired. NinjaTrader Continuum demo connections are valid for about 2 weeks. You can request a new demo connection at the link below. However there is a limit of 2 demo connections per 90 days.
    NinjaTrader is a futures trading platform that delivers integrated multi-device trading. Discover our best platform to trade futures for active futures traders.

License keys are not tied to demo connections, but allow you to trade live (providing you have a live account). The free demo connection expires after 2 weeks regardless of what license key you have entered in the NinjaTrader platform.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason.

That all appears a little odd, as my Continuum demo licence ran out before I bought the licence, then when I bought the licence it allowed me to connect again and I did live SIM trading yesterday. I'll apply for another week while I sort out the brokerage.

Comment

Yes, this is indeed unexpected. You refer to "my Continuum demo licence ran out". Can you please tell me how you concluded this. Did you experience an error message that referred the license key? If so, please tell me what the message stated.

Comment

The two weeks was up and that demo licence ended just over a week ago. I can't remember what the message said. Since then I purchased a licence for NT 3 days ago, and that enabled me to connect to Continuum again and I had live SIM data yesterday, but this morning the error message started and I could not connect.

Comment

If a demo connection is expired, you should not be able to connect to it after entering a live license key in the NinjaTrader platform.

Can you please send me all your log and trace files, so I can investigate. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Mail to Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Jason, Login failed: Unspecified Login Error' in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'.

Comment

I deleted all files from log, trace, and cache folders whilst trying unsuccessfully to fix the issue, so I'm not sure what's there now will be much help to you. The files are in my recycle bin along with others, so if you can let me know which specific file you require, I may be able to recover them from there.

I have just applied for another 2 week demo and can now connect to Continuum.

Comment

Good to hear you can connect using the new demo connection.

Please disregard then. I am not sure why you were able to connect again after entering a live license key.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post Jon17
                by Jon17

Started by Javierw.ok, Today, 04:12 PM