Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alignment of plots and bars on hard right edge does not loook correct

Scenario:

I have an indicator that uses multiple plots that draw at a particular price where I change the color on each chart bar. All this works fine.

All plots are updated using the same piece of code using the same current bar ([0]) update logic and timing.

Problem is the plot bars don't align/end at the same point on the hard right edge of the chart. Should they not all align together on the same hard right edge so that vertically they all end at the same point on the chart? Or are they jagged because they all started being plotted at a different time.

Also should the plot not cover/include the current chart bar? I changed the chart to onbarclose = false to try to get the indicator to fire on every tick but it didn't help. Note how in the included image example the top 2 plots stop where the price bar begins. This may be correct and normal but I never noticed it before as most of my plots are usually in a separate panel.

Any insight or is this normal?

Cheers
    Attached Files

Hello,
    It sounds like you have CalculateOnBarClose set to true. This would cause the indicator to only calculate at the end of each bar which would cause the plot to not show up with the current bar. You can change this setting by right clicking on the Chart> Indicators> select the Indicator > change the setting CalculateOnBarClose to false > press OK.
    Please let us know if you see the plots appear the same after adjusting this value.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
    24 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post spwizard  
    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes