Updating the Default instruments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updating the Default instruments

I am trying to test my strategy using different instruments and timeframes in the Strategy Analyzer. In the left pane there is a tree of markets and instruments. Under the "Default" item there are several instruments. How do I change the defaults?

Thank You!

Rob
    Last edited by RobVig; 07-08-2016, 08:02 PM.

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

The "Default" list is a default list of instruments that shows up in the Chart, SuperDom, Control center and many other places.

To change the items in this list or roll over the contracts, you can use the Instrument manager.

Please follow the instructions below to roll over the expiration date of a futures contract.

From within the NinjaTrader Control Center window select the menu Tools> Instrument Manager
    Highlight the contract you wish to rollover on the left side of the Instrument Manager window
    Press the '>' button (the instrument will disappear from the list)
    Press the '<' button and the instrument should re-appear with the front-month expiration date
    Select 'OK'
    Select the updated contract in the Instrument drop-down menu within your currently opened windows (Charts, SuperDOMs, etc).
    I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over rolling over a futures contract.

To view contract rollover, expiry dates, and other trading events click the link below.

The NinjaTrader risk team evaluates market conditions in real-time and reserves the right to adjust intraday margins in accordance with market volatility.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hi Jesse, i would like to ask on this subject, i already did that and added CL on my instruments, but when i try to backtest i get no data.

what could i do?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

I wanted to check, have you first connected to a live data source and opened a chart to see the data? Is the data for the testing time able to be seen on a normal chart?

Comment

no, i just have the demo version of the platform, but i did a backtesting on the ES, now that you mention is that data reliable?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

You would need to connect to a data provider to get data prior to running a backtest, the platform its self comes with no data.

For daily data you can connect to the Kinetick end of day (free) connection, this provides only daily bars for kinetick supported instruments.

If you have a demo though the NinjaTrader brokerage or any other supported data provider/broker, you must first connect to the connection before running the back test. To verify you can run a backtest over the period of time you are requesting, you can view the data in a chart to ensure all days are present.

Comment

Stop loss error

hello guys

when i try to analyse an strategy i get an stop loss of 1 point attached to all my trades, on top of that i get no results. i try to change the values on the wizard but that does not change anything

how can i resolve this?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I wanted to clarify, are you saying that you have created a script that includes a stoploss but you are currently not seeing any executions?

For this item, because it is not directly related to the original post I would suggest to email our platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and attach the strategy in question. Seeing the syntax would assist in finding the answer to the question.

Comment

i create a simple script that have a stop loss attached, with value of 16 ticks, and a Target profit of 32 ticks, but when i run the strategy analizer i get no results in the summary tab nor in any other.

when i click on the chart tab i see that the software reecognize any signal, but due the size of the Stop loss and target profit ( 1 for each one) the trade never is allow to end up wheter in lossess or profit, i change manually the SL and TP several times and i always see in the chart that any trade have a 1 tick stop loss as well than 1 tick target profit

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

Without seeing the syntax you are using or knowing all the variables involved I could not really say what may be happening.

Are you certain you have historical data for the time period you are testing in the BackTest? Can you view this time period completely on a chart?

Have you tried adding Prints to the script to ensure the logic is being called?

We have a collection of debugging steps here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ead.php?t=3418

If you have not checked these items, these would be a good starting point. Again I believe this would likely be best if you send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com and please attach the script in question along with the settings you are using to test it.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                    Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                    172 responses
                    0 likes