Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reloading newly compiled scripts

Hello,

I have some confusion about what is happening in the background with Indicator scripts.

It seems that many times (when I am testing in Replay or SIM) that the scripts are not refreshing with NEWLY COMPILED code when I press the Reload NinjaScript hot key OR I reload the Chart Template.

Sometimes even shutting down Ninja and restarting is not enough.....this is very strange.

I trace changes with PRINT statements (during development) and the new code is not being executed.....!!!

If I reboot my machine THEN the new scripts are loaded.

I don't know all the parameters of when this happens, but often enough.

I am running Ninja 7, Windows 8.1, Asus 3rd Generation I7 quad core, plenty of memory, etc.

This really slows down my development work...as you can imagine...please advise.

Thanks...

Hello,
    Indicator plots that are changed in code are not updated until the indicator is removed and added back to the chart.
    If you are seeing other code is not changing please provide what code you are seeing is not changing.
    Cody B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

OK

Thank you.

Is there some detailed documentation on this somewhere?

Is there a Workspace cache for indicators attached to a chart?

Is the old indicator code cached with the Workspace and reloaded when the Workspace is re-opened?

Things like this that would cause the old code to be attached to the chart even though there is a new compile?

What about shutting Ninja and restarting? Does that load the new code or the old code?

The reason I ask is that I may have multiple Workspaces and need to know the details of how this works.

Thanks

Comment

Hello Turtle Trader,

Thank you for your response.

There is no documentation on this. It's not the code that is cached, it is the Plot colors, width, style, etc. that stays as selected through the UI just as the Period would remain the same. So the Indicators properties for the Plot are what is held in memory on the chart.

Simply removing the indicator from the chart and adding it back will suffice. Restarting NinjaTrader should perform the same action as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        4 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by terofs, Today, 04:18 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes