Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CQG not loading historial data only realtime

Scenario:

I have Rosenthal, Collins as my broker. I use Continuim as my data feed. I am now only getting real time data for HKFE (Hang Seng) markets and no historical data. It was working but now it isn't. CME markets are fine.

I went to options and reset my instruments but no luck. I renamed my DB folder to try shake it loose, no luck and no change. I am on build 31 of Ninja.

This has happened before but usually came right but now it isn't.

Any suggestions?
    Last edited by ct; 07-12-2016, 10:48 AM.

ct,
    Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com.
    You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.
    Please reference the following in the email body: ATTN RyanM
    http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=87222

Comment

Ryan

host mta6.am0.yahoodns.net [98.138.112.38]
      SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
      554 5.7.9 Message not accepted for policy reasons.

My email was refused but the logs got uploaded to Ninja.
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Brandon; 07-13-2016, 10:38 AM.

Comment

Ryan

Did you get the logs?

Cheers

Comment

Ct,
          I have received your log and trace. I will review your files and contact you with my findings.

Comment

Ryan
            I did contact RCG and they said talk to you. That didn't leave me many options.

Comment

ct,
              Can you please provide me with the instrument names you are trying to receive data for so I may test them on my end?

Comment

Ryan

HSI, MSI, HHI. I can get the realtime just not the historical data so I seem to be authorized.

Comment

Hello,
                  Thank you for your response. You will receive live data for these instruments however the historical data servers from NinjaTrader do not have historical data for these instruments.

Comment

2 years on and I am having the same issue. CQG do provide the historical data but it seems NT7 cannot 'read' this or store it. Is this still the case, as I get live data through fine for MSI, HHI and HSI but can't pull up data from before I 'connect' or previous days / weeks making trading this via NT7 almost impossible. Other charting programs with the same data feed have no issues so this is a NT7 limitation.

Questions:

1. Is this also an issue on NT8?
                    2. Any resolution planned? Why would you 'block' historical data which renders the whole product useless really?

Thank you.

Comment

I am not sure what your mean when you say "CQG do provide the historical data but it seems NT7 cannot 'read' this or store it", however, I can confirm that CQG does not provide historical data to NinjaTrader. NinjaTrader is not 'blocking' their historical data. If you heard this from CQG, perhaps they're referring to the historical data being available on their platform, however, they do not provide access to this data when connecting to a third party application like NinjaTrader.

Since CQG only provides real-time data to NinjaTrader, the NinjaTrader historical data servers record and provide historical data for the most popular futures and forex instruments. MSI, HHI, and HSI are instruments that our servers do not actively record and provide historical data for. I'll add your vote to the active feature request for these instruments to be added to our historical data servers. Note that if any changes are made, it is likely the change will only be made to NinjaTrader 8 as NinjaTrader 8 is our flagship model. NinjaTrader 7 will continue to receive critical maintenance updates only.
                      1. NinjaTrader 8's historical data servers all do not record these three specific instruments
                      2. There is no 'resolution' planned other than tracking interest from users like you in the feature request SFT-2769
                      Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 10-12-2018, 07:11 AM.

Comment

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the detailed reply - this additional information makes sense now. Yes, please do add my interest to this feature as without it I do not see how anyone can properly trade the HKFE products. There does also seem to have been a lot of interest in these products as they suit US based traders that have day-jobs, the markets being open in the US evenings, so hopefully there will be a lot of future interest and NT8 will start to record :-)

Thanks again for the clear explanation - much appreciated.

TheBoy.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
                        1 response
                        0 likes
                        Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                        Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                        4 responses
                        0 likes