Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FreeLiveData: Forex AND Futures?

Hello

I went to the following ninjatrader page to register. They presented me with the choice: Forex OR Futures. Now here´s the thing, I would like access to live futures data in order to trade on the spot forex market. So which should I pick?

Another question: Is there volume data from CME group available in ninjatrader?

Thanks

Hello,

Thanks for your note.

If you would like to trade Forex Futures instruments, such as the EUR/USD Futures contract, you would want to sign up for a Futures demo or data feed.

If you would like to trade the Forex pairs themselves, such as $EURUSD, you would want to sign up for a Forex demo or data feed.

Most data providers support volume data. Provided your connection is enabled for that data, you could view it in the platform with a supported data provider.
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

"most data providers support volume data"

There is no volume data in spot forex and please dont insult my intelligence by implying otherwise. I know there is volume data in forex futures - and this data will help me trade in spot forex.

On the ninjatrader platform can I access the futures currency charts while i actually perform trades in the spot forex market?

Comment

Hello D_FX_AT_MAIL,
        Thanks for your reply.
        Since you want both futures and forex data, you will need to request both a futures and forex demo.
        You can then open a futures currency instrument and apply the VOL indicator to it. You then can open another forex chart which you can sim trade.
        If you want to plot the futures volume on the forex chart, you can do so using the same method as the video below.
        Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to plot an indicator based off of one data series, overlay it onto another...
        BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for your informative reply and help. Also, the link to the video on how to set this up was useful.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post algospoke  
          Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred