Linux for NT?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Linux for NT?

After all the problems that users report with Windows 10 (invasion-of-privacy spying is the worst criticism, but serious issues with DLLs are also a major complaint), I got to wondering whether Ninjatrader is available for Linux. Seems like most trading systems are Microsoft-dependent. Is there a version of NT for Linux, or will there ever be?
    Thanks, Tasuki

p.s. side issue: with Windows 10 and all that data that the operating system sends back to Microsoft servers---doesn't that slow down the performance of your computer? I'm not trading live (yet) with a Windows 10 computer, but I will very shortly when my new computer arrives, so this is a timely issue for me.

Tasuki,

NinjaTrader is a windows application which relies on the .NET Framework to operate and the .NET Framework is only available on Windows Operating System. Below you will find the supported minimum PC requirements for NinjaTrader.

Minimum PC Requirements:
    • Windows XP (SP3 Required), Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10, or Windows 2003 Operating System
    • Minimum screen resolution of 1024 x 768
    • Minimum P4 Processor or higher (or equivalent)
    • 2GB RAM
    • Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5 (pre-installed on most PC's or can be downloaded below)

We do not officially support running NinjaTrader on Linux or on Mac. However, you may be able to use virtualization software such as VirtualBox to run NinjaTrader in windows in a virtual machine running within linux.

I am not knowledgeable about what data is transmitted from Microsoft Windows to their own servers. I would recommend that you reach out to Microsoft about what information they are collecting and the amount of data being sent to their servers.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Tasuki View Post

p.s. side issue: with Windows 10 and all that data that the operating system sends back to Microsoft servers---doesn't that slow down the performance of your computer? I'm not trading live (yet) with a Windows 10 computer, but I will very shortly when my new computer arrives, so this is a timely issue for me.
      I use spybot on my win 10 machine. Watch barnacules video in the link.

Some users of Spybot Anti-Beacon may be happy to learn that Youtube user Barnacules Nerdgasm has recently released an informative tutorial about disabling telemetry in Windows 10. In this video, Barnacules installs Spybot Anti-Beacon, and provides a detailed walkthrough of the features and options available in the program. If you are interested in learning more... continue reading

The new windows defender "feature" appears to be excessive.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
      Started by kulwinder73, Today, 10:31 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post kulwinder73