ATM Strategy or Strategy...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM Strategy or Strategy...

I am familiar with creating regular strategies that take orders and exit them etc.

What I am looking to do is create what I would suppose is an ATM strategy that does the following:

1) Adds and adjusts some plots to the chart when no position exists.
    2) Once in a position sets a specific plot
    3) Automatically exits my position based on predetermined criteria as a stop
    4) Allows ME to manually exit the position at any time prior to it exiting for me.

Can something like this be done with an ATM strategy? I ask because all I have seen is the capability to create an ATM strategy based on some dropdowns and not coding.

I have seen the SampleAtmStrategy in the NinjaScript Editor however it doesn't show anywhere as selectable to run. What am I missing? Thanks.

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

1. The ATM Strategy Stop Loss and Profit Target will not plot within the chart until the entry order has executed.

2. Once your entry order is executed your Stop Loss and Profit Target are then submitted and will be visible within the chart if Chart Trader is enabled.

3. Within the ATM Strategy parameters you can set your predefined values you would like used for both the Stop Loss and Profit Target.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over ATM Strategy Parameters.

4. With your 'Active ATM Strategy' selected, set your order quantity to the desired value, then submit an order on the opposite side of the market to scale or if desired you can close the position all together.

I have also provided a link below that goes over Scaling In and Out of an Active ATM Strategy.

Download NinjaTrader FREE at http://www.ninjatrader.comThis video demonstrates how to scale in and out of positions and how to understand the FIFO (First In ...

The SampleAtmStrategy is a sample of how to incorporate an ATM Strategy into NinjaScript code for automated strategies.
    Christopher J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post zstheorist  
    Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
    8 responses
    0 likes