Trace file cannot be accessed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trace file cannot be accessed

I uninstalled Ninja 6.0 and removed the Ninja files in Dcuments and Settings. I downloaded Ninja 6.5 for a clean install. I now get an error "unable to open trace file" "access to the path is denied". I then get a request to add a valid license key but clicking Yes, I get another message box saying Ninja has detected a problem and needs to shut down. I am caught in an infinate loop.

It looks like you had a bad install please follow these instructions to resolve the install, but also confirm you have the .Net 2.0 installed.

Then from the 'Start' menu select --> 'Control Panel' --> 'Add and Remove Programs'

From 'Add and Remove Programs' select NinjaTrader 6.5 and click 'Remove'

Then manually delete the folders located in C:\Program Files\NinjaTrader Version 6.5 (if it is there) and from Start --> My Documents --> NinjaTrader 6.5

Delete any NinjaTrader installation files if you saved them. This can be done from going to Start -> My Computer -> Search button -> search for (NinjaTrader*) -> select Local C Disk and then press search.

You then will need to clear internet browser and cache. Via your internet browser, clear the cache/history (with IE, Tools-->Options, delete cookies and files, clear history)

Once these steps are completed, download NT6.5 from the link below.
    http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/download_download.htm
    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Same error occurs

I did exactly as you instructed and I am still getting the same error messages as discribed prior. When I go to the trace file the trace.20080703.txt that is referanced in the error message is not there. Could that be it?

Comment

Please send a note to support at ninjatrader dot com and I will send you specific instructions. Put in the subject 'For Vince'.
        Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by yertle, Today, 08:38 AM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ryjoga
        by ryjoga

Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
        2 responses