Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shadow strategy for second live account

Hello Traders!

It is possible to use the Shadow Strategy for trading automatically a second live account at same broker? The broker is Ninjatraderbrokerage.

Thanks a lot,
    Rainbowtrader

Hello,

Thanks for posting today.

To clarify, would this involve an ATM strategy placing an additional order on another account with a different ATM strategy attached to the second order? If so, this would not be something that would be possible.

If not, could you please clarify your post further?
    Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Drew!

I am not sure, that I understand your question really. So I try its again:

If I am trading manual with a ATM strategy the instrument ES with 2 contracts by my broker NTB: does the Shadow strategy mirroring exactly my orders in a second account, so that this trade is creating in second account the same result like in the main account? I don't know, how I could ask more clear, sorry.

Best regards,
      Rainbowtrader

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

Trading multiple accounts simultaneously would actually be accomplished using Account Groups. Account Groups allow you to group individual accounts into a group account. These account groups will show up in any of the NinjaTrader order entry windows' account selection lists. If selected, any order placed will be replicated and sent to each account that belongs to the group.

NOTE: Subsequent cancellations and or order modifications will NOT be replicated against each order, you must manage each replicated order individually.

More information on Account Groups can be found at the link below:

Drew O.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Drew,

then the Shadow Strategy is really and fully developed for using in Sim account, isn't it? And the plan from NT developer does not change in NT8, or?

What thats mean with "Subsequent cancellations and or order modifications": is moving the stop or moving the target in the chart or a click in the Charttrader button "Close" not working for additional accounts in the Account Group?

Thank you.

Rainbowtrader

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for your reply.

That is correct, shadow strategies were designed for use with simulation.

With a Shadow Strategy, you can set up an alternate ATM Strategy and link that to an ATM Strategy that will be used for live trading. Every time you enter a position using your live strategy, NinjaTrader opens a simulated position (e.g. Sim101 account) managed by your Shadow Strategy. This allows you to forward test your concepts using the same entry signals that trigger your live trades. Over time, a historical database of actual (live) and Shadow (simulated) Strategies are compiled. You can then compare the live trades to the shadow trades under the Performance Tab. The end result is that you will be shown what ATM Strategy (over time) is more profitable. Changing your trade management logic without truly understanding the impact of the changes is a risky shot in the dark. Shadow Strategies give you the proof of concept needed to feel confident that your ATM Strategy changes make sense.

That is also correct, moving stops or targets will only affect individual accounts, only during initial placement will the parameters be replicated across all accounts.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
            Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Justin,

in case of the broker NTB: what is the way for making its possible, to duplicate trades fully at a second live account. Including manual stop and target moving? 100 percent valid and without errors. Or do I only need a second connection for the second account - and everything works well duplicated?

Thank you!

Best regards,
              Rainbowtrader

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your reply.

At this point on NinjaTrader software there is no way to alter orders across multiple accounts simultaneously. Only to place them using account groups.

There is not any software that will allow this that we know of, however, there are many different custom developers out there that may have developed software for this purpose with NinjaTrader. At this time it is not available with the standard Software.

Please let us know if we may assist further.
                Justin S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by cre8able, 02-11-2023, 05:43 PM
                3 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rhubear
                by rhubear

Started by frslvr, 04-11-2024, 07:26 AM
                8 responses