Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello richard76,

Thank you for the follow-up question.

When it comes to the Trading Hours Template you use on a chart, it is totally up to you.
    • The platform has a common trading hours template assigned for all of the Instruments within NinjaTrader, but you may go in and change it to be whatever Trading Hours template makes the most sense for you and your trading strategy
    • There could be someone who only likes to trade from 10 am to 1 pm and only wants to see that time so they create a custom Trading Hours template that only plots during those times of the day

The "Use instrument settings" is essentially saying "Use the default trading hours template that has been assigned in the Instruments window"
    • If you would prefer to have a different Trading Hours template set up for the <Use instrument settings> then you are more than welcome to change that
    • Go to the Control Center > Tools > Instruments > Search for the instrument > Double-click the appropriate result > The Trading Hours Template defined here is what is used when it is set to <Use Instrument Settings>. You may change this to any Trading Hours template you like

You are more than welcome to use the "Default 24x5" trading hours template instead.
    • The previous screenshots were just to demonstrate how a different Trading Hours template can cause the charts to appear differently
    • Default 24x5 includes all times of the week except for Saturday and Sunday

If you would like to look at the different Trading Hours that have been set up for each of the different Trading Hours templates, please go into the Control Center > Tools > Trading Hours window
    • You are able to click on each of the different templates on the left side of the window and see how they are set up and defined on the right
    • If you do no not like the current templates available or want to make your own, you are more than welcome to.
    • Please see the following link for more information on setting up and working with Trading Hours Templates:
    Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I just stumbled across this when I tried to figure out, how to solve the discrepancy between chart´s timescale and real time. I mean, come-on, why do we see the time of each bar like "in the future"??? And is it really such a big issue to change it? Why not simply change the set-up of the time scale??? I am mostly using 5min charts, so the time on the scale for the current bar shows eg. 16:25 but the real time is 16:21. So why not simply add a twist to the scale that would show the time minus 5 mins? On a 30min chart minus 30min and so on?
      Anyway, totally illogical to show the bar close time!
      Any change on the horizon on this?

Comment

Hello cyberpete76,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We do have an open feature request for time stamps at the open of the bar. If you'd like, I can add a vote on your behalf. Let me know and I'd be happy to do so.
        Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Zachary View Post
          Hello cyberpete76,

Thank you for your inquiry.

We do have an open feature request for time stamps at the open of the bar. If you'd like, I can add a vote on your behalf. Let me know and I'd be happy to do so.
          Yes! please count me in

Comment

Need ur support to fix timing in ninja trader

In ninja trader first candle start time shows 9:20 AM and in TV , first candle start time shows 9:15 AM.

because of above difference in start time of candle , need ur support how to set start time of candle in ninja trader

pics are attached for your referance.

Attached Files

Comment

Because of above issue my whole back testing is affecting

Comment

Originally posted by ninjatrader_zachary View Post
                hello cyberpete76,

thank you for your inquiry.

We do have an open feature request for time stamps at the open of the bar. If you'd like, i can add a vote on your behalf. Let me know and i'd be happy to do so.
                count me toooooooo

Comment

Hello cyberpete76 and jaiswal01t,

I have added a vote on behalf of each of you. The internal tracking number of this request is SFT-3377. As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.​
                  Zachary S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by love2code2trade, Yesterday, 01:45 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                  Started by trilliantrader, Today, 08:16 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes