Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finding out where alerts are comming from

Hello,

I have audio alerts signalling in NT every few seconds. I've checked all the indicators on my various workspace charts I can think of to ensure their respective audio alerts are OFF. Is there perhaps a logfile I can look at which will show me which alerts are firing and from where so I can figure out how to switch them off?

Thanks
    Michelle

Hello Michelle,

Can you please open the Alerts window in NinjaTrader at Control Center-->File-->New. Check what instrument is listed for the alert. Subsequently check the charts with this instrument selected. Check if any of the indicators applied trigger an alert.

Alerts can be triggered from the Market Analyzer as well. Please right click in the Market Analyzer and select disable 'Alerts'.

If you cannot find the source, please check workspaces that might be running in the background. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check the workspaces below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor(s). Please select a workspace without a checkmark and check if you can locate the source of the sound.
    JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
      Hello Michelle,

Can you please open the Alerts window in NinjaTrader at Control Center-->File-->New. Check what instrument is listed for the alert. Subsequently check the charts with this instrument selected. Check if any of the indicators applied trigger an alert.

Alerts can be triggered from the Market Analyzer as well. Please right click in the Market Analyzer and select disable 'Alerts'.

If you cannot find the source, please check workspaces that might be running in the background. Please go to Control Center-->File-->Workspaces and check the workspaces below 'Save Workspace As'. The workspace with the checkmark is the workspace opened on your monitor(s). Please select a workspace without a checkmark and check if you can locate the source of the sound.
      Hi Jason, thanks I didn't even know that ALERTS window existed. It is the BLUE alerts which I am trying to switch off. The crazy thing is that the workspaces who has the charts is actually closed. I currently only have one workspace open... its really strange. I've checked each and every chart and I know for sure none of them are using MTP predictor which creates those blue alerts, neither does my market anaylser. I've been using this workspace for months... but only recently started using MTP as an indicator (in another workspace which is currently closed).

Any ideas what to do?
      Attached Files

Comment

Can you please try the following. Shut down NInjaTrader and navigate to the folder below.

Documents-->NinjaTrader 7-->workspaces

Delete the _Workspaces.xml file that is within the workspaces folder. This will not delete your workspaces, but ensures no workspaces will be opened on startup.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. You will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.

Start NinjaTrader and connect to your data feed/broker. I assume you do not experience the alert now.

Please open your workspace at Control Center-->File-->Workspaces-->Open Workspace. Do you now experience the alert again?
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks Jason, worked like a charm. No more cacophony of Ninja Trader Alerts

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Aviram Y  
          Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby