reconnect on remote host disconnection

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reconnect on remote host disconnection

I'm running strategy 24/7. Unfortunately on Sundays my connection gets closed because of "existing connection closed by remote host" (I believe this is some server maintenance). After that my strategy gets closed and I need to 1) manually connect 2) enable the strategy. Often I don't have access to my computer and cannot do it manually.

Is there any way to automatically re-connect and enable the strategy or avoid being disconnected?

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

Currently in NT7, there would not really be any supported procedures to do X operations and reconnect. This is potentially something that could be completed using third party programs that allow you to record macros. I have seen in the past where users have used macros to complete various windows tasks at timed intervals but do not have any recommendations on this type of software.

Another option would be to create a batch file to kill the task and restart it leaving auto connect on, but that really does not solve enabling strategies or anything else automated thus a macro would really be need or something to control mouse actions in the case of your not being present.

Alternatively you could potentially allow remote access to the PC and use remote access from wherever you are. Teamviewer has both PC and mobile applications which would be one option if your phone supports the app and can utilize the remote connection.

Going forward in NT8, this would be possible using an Addon. Addons specifically have access to Connections for connecting/disconnecting so this will soon be a reality of something you could just program to happen.

If any other users have had the same scenario and have unsupported or other recommendations please feel free to post your own experiences.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post DynamicTest  
    Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
    4 responses
    0 likes