Trouble Loading charts for stocks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trouble Loading charts for stocks

I'm having trouble loading charts for stocks on the Nasdaq 100. No problem on NQ 09-16 or ES 09-16 - both are in my default instrument lists and I can get them to chart by selecting the drop down but reloading historical data on my stocks of choice is not helping.

I tried setting up a new workspace and re-starting the entire NT platform but still no luck here either.

Hello brjackson2,
    Thank you for your post.

So that I may be of further assistance please confirm what data feed are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    Who is your broker?
    What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected?
    (For a chart) what interval is selected?
    I look forward to your reply.
    ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Connected to the NinjaTrader Continuum.
      Only using demo mode at this point so I haven't designated a broker.
      Only trying to chart the actual prices of some of the individual stocks in the Nasdaq 100 (AAPL, AMZN, GOOG etc.) on 1 minute charts.

Hope that's what you're looking for. Thanks!

Comment

Hello brjackson2,

Thank you for posting.

NinjaTrader Continuum only supports Index and Futures quotes and does not provide data for Equities such as AAPL, AMZN, and GOOG. In order to receive live quotes for these instruments you will need a different data feed provider or establish a secondary data feed connection.

The Kinetick End Of Day feed will allow you to view data on a daily interval or greater and create daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly charts within NinjaTrader. As the Kinetick End Of Day feed is preconfigured with every installation of NinjaTrader 7 you will not need a login ID or password for this connection. Simply go to File > Connect > Kinetick – End Of Day (free).

Here is a quick video tutorial on using NinjaTrader with the Kinetick End Of Day (free) feed:

If you would like to receive real-time data and create charts on an intra-day interval, you will want to subscribe to a real-time Kinetick feed:

Kinetick has been optimized to be the fastest, most stable, and most affordable data solution for the NinjaTrader 7 platform. The Basic Service package for $55/month includes historical data for all supported instruments and is our base fee for receiving market data. Real-time quotes services can be added per exchange to suit your data needs.

I have included the 'Understanding the data provided by your connectivity provider' and the ' Multiple Connections' sections from the HelpGuide below.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...rical_data.htm

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...connecting.htm
        Last edited by NinjaTrader_Arcelia; 07-26-2016, 09:29 AM. Reason: update link
        ArceliaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
        47 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post aligator  
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes