• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

chart delay

Hi,

i suddenly do have some issues running charts

-some charts turn suddenly black

-there is a delay in selecting something in a chart, also using the cursor, up to 5 seconds.

-after NT7 restart, it’s ok, but the issue returns and get worse in following hours
    verified that is not the server itself ( in datacenter, giga computer and server has been reset, but issue stars )

Any ideas?

Hello robje737,

Thank you for your post,

This is usually an indication the workspace is too CPU-intensive for your PC. I suggest applying our Performance Tips to your workspace, as they will be able to improve the behavior you're seeing.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ance_tips2.htm

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Shut down NinjaTrader

Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces

Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder

After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.
    If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.

[URL="As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests. Shut down NinjaTrader Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces. Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues. *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it. If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace. If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring. http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt7/index.html?backup__restore.htm"]As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests. Shut down NinjaTrader Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces. Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues. *Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it. If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace. If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns. I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/support/h...p__restore.htm
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Eric,

i'm working on this now, let's wait to see if this fixes the issue.

Thanks a million!

Rob

Comment

Hi,

i have tried this, but without result.
        There is still a significant delay when clicking items ( chart cursor, folders, indicators etc )

I have two servers, two NT7 platforms, but no issues on the 2nd. I have loaded the same charts and indicators there.

As soon as i close NT, the compu works great, so it's definately something within nt.

Any more ideas?

Comment

Hello robje737,

Thank you for your reply,

Sorry to here this has persisted, I suggest first to make sure your current setup meets our minimum system requirements.

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...quirements.htm

If everything looks good, then the issue would likely be an individual indicator or add-on that is being used in your workspace. Because of this, when the workspace is reloaded the same issue is reintroduced again and again, causing the persistent issue. These can be somewhat difficult items to troubleshoot and take time via process of elimination. You can use the steps in my previous reply to having NinjaTrader launch without your workspace and test in a clean environment.
          Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
          15 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post xiinteractive  
          Started by Tim-c, Today, 02:10 PM
          1 response
          0 likes