Flatlines on chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Flatlines on chart

I'm new to all this, so please forgive me if my question seems stoopid, but WTF is going on with the IB connection with the Euro/USD? I've lost my connection twice in less than an hour, and when it reconnects, there is a flatline for the previous couple of hours...all historical data during then is lost, even the 1 hours worth which I built up before the 2nd connection lost is now gone. Two orders I had running were still on when I reconnected, but all the target and stop losses were gone. If I had been out of the market long enough, things could have turned really sour.

The time in question is 11.00 AM to 1.00PM GMT.

My friend also trading same market with same setup had the same problem, so I don't think its me...

any help would be great! thanks...cheers,

Antraman

imported post

Sounds like an IB FX issue. We no longer provide support for FX through IB. Versions going forward will not support IB FX. We support GAIN Capital for FX going forward.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

I see. This is news to me. Any reasons for changing to GAIN? I just opened an account with IB to trade FX using Ninja, now it seems you won't be supporting it. What do you suggest I do?

<confused>

Antraman

Comment

imported post

Customer demand. You can still use the current production version of NT to trade FX through IB, we just won't support it. If you want to work with GAIN, youtest drive the current beta with our new FX order entry features. Send an email to [email protected] and reference this thread. They will provide you with further instructions.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Done, thanks. I must have missed the announcement. Was there one? Is it recommended that I change from IB to GAIN? I have no idea what's what's. GAIN's website looks OK, they are offering a better product?

cheers,

Comment

imported post

Please send a note to [email protected] and they can discuss it with you.

Comment

imported post

>GAIN's website looks OK, they are offering a better product?

Actually, I don't see why customers would demand to change over to GAIN from IB, if GAIN is not charging commissions, but taking their cut from a 1 pip spread. IB charges $6 commission in and out,, which is under half a pip. GAIN is making twice as much off its customers this way compared to IB, and one has to make more than a tick profit every trade to break even, whereas with IB 1 tick up is your commission paid off plus cost of commission given back, including the TT licence credit fees.

What is it about GAIN that makes it a better broker than IB for Euro/USD futures? Am I missing something?

sorry, I'm still a noobie...

Antraman

Comment

imported post

Hi Antraman,

GAIN is our strategic partner for FX, that is the reason we have discontinued support for IB.

Ray

Comment

imported post

Hi again,

I plan on trading what I believe is currency futures, the 6E at the moment. Is this

a) considered FX and thus future NT5 versions will no longer be supporting IB but changing to GAIN, or

b) considered something other than FX and will thus have future NT5 versions continuing to support IB?

If a) is yes, then if I wish to use updated charting tools in coming versions of NT5 on 6E and later contracts, I will have to change my account to GAIN?

If b) is yes, will updated future versions of NT5 with new charting tools continue to trade 6E through IB?

I notice in Instrument Manager 6E is labelled a "Future" as opposed to FX, whereas currency pairs are labelled as "Currency" (and hence FX).

thanks in advance,

Antraman

Comment

imported post

6E us a currency future and can be traded through IB or any other provider we support for futures. EUR/USD is the Spot FX and is only available through GAIN.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                    Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
                    0 responses
                    1 view