Failing to Connect to PFG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failing to Connect to PFG

I've tried everything I could think of to connect to PFG data, but so far I've only gotten a PFG connecting in the lower left hand corner of the control center but no actual connection. There are no error dialog boxes. I'm on system B with Best Direct and I'm using:
    IP: 12.36.73.181 port: 2000 for order and quote servers
    IP: 38.115.151.242 port: 2000 for historical min. and tick data servers

I never got a pop up dialog box for the firewall but did manually add the pfg best api to the exclusion list.

Is anyone successfully connecting with PFG data at this time? Is there anything else I should try?

Please try the steps outlined in this guide: http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_PFG.htm
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've already done that.

I did indeed use that guide and the NT setup connection wizard to insert the IP addresses I've indicated in the OP. The default IP addresses in the NT setup wizard didn't work. I got the error message something to the effect failure to login, call PFG support. I suspected the default IP addresses might be for system A. I then went into my pfg best direct broker software to see what IP addresses they list there for system B (PFG uses 3 systems A,B and C). I have attached a screenshot of the PFG setup. You can compare with the IP address info I posted in the original post.

Thanks for your interest thus far.
      Attached Files

Comment

As an after thought

As an afterthought. It was Saturday when I attempted this login. Perhaps the PFG servers are simply down for maintenance over the weekend. I will try again tomorrow night when Globex is open.

An earlier thread indicated that the PFG connection setup was still in Beta. Is this still true?

I'd still like to know to if any system B users out there are using the PFG data connection and if so, could they take a screenshot of their IP address setup?

Comment

More info on current IP addresses

This attached screensheet is the most complete info I could find on current IP addresses for system B PFG Best Direct.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hi topstep,

I am forwarding this thread to a support member that might have more knowledge about this area. Please bear with us.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello topstep,

Are you still unable to connect with PFG? If so, please send me a note at "support AT ninjatrader DOT com" that includes your PFG account connection information. That way, I can test the connection on my end and see if I can reproduce this behavior.
              JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem Fixed

For anyone using PFG system B, you need to put 12.36.73.39 2000 as the IP address for order server. Works fine now.

Comment

I'm having the same problem. The error message (code 80) is asking me whether I have installed the PFG client yet. My PFG set up screen is indentical to the one below. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Have you installed the PFG client?

The client you must user plus additional instructions are located here - http://www.ninjatrader.com/webnew/support_PFG.htm
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Most likely you're missing the API client

Most likely you're missing the API client. In addition to following all of the instructions the prior poster indicated, you may also need to contact PFG to obtain the proper IP address for the order server. You can use this address:
                      [email protected]
                      The NT default settings may be for system A (they don't specify). As a suggestion for NT, they should provide the proper IP address for systems A,B and C to prevent future issues.

Comment

Thanks guys! It worked to perfection.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                        Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                        2 responses
                        0 likes
                        Last Post hazylizard  
                        Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                        2 responses