Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OCO Server Side Support

Hello-
    Can you please provide expected timing for when Ninja/Zen will support hosting of advanced (synthetic orders such as OCO) on the Ninja/Zen servers and not on the local PC.
    Thx

Unfortunately we have not ETA at this time...but I am told sooner than later.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Support,

Is there any update on this server side OCO support for zenfire orders,as to when it will be available? Would be nice to not worry about loosing OCO logic on system shutdown or internet connection interruption.

--
      Shooter

Comment

Shooter, thanks for the post - unfortunately no update or ETA for this.
        BertrandNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ninja Support,

Does Ninja support any brokers(other than InteractiveBrokers), which do server side OCO ?

I understand without the zenfire server side OCO support,the zenfire brokers can't support server side OCO logic.

Thanks
          Acheiver

Comment

Achiever, welcome to our support forums! You can check this overview here out - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5349

Comment

Thank you Bertrand for the link. So,from the link I understand IB is the only futures broker that supports server side OCO logic. I always thought there were many options for brokers who support serverside OCO,guess I am wrong.

How else can one have overnight orders in,without knowing that the stop automatically gets cancelled when profit target gets hit? Unless,one has the computer powered on 24/7 and without any internet/ISP interruptions overnight.

Would the zenfire team be providing this serverside OCO feature? Or is it best to just go with IB if one intends to daytrade intermittently or trade overnight/swing trades (with OCO logic)?

Thank you
              Achiever
              Last edited by achiever; 06-06-2009, 09:50 AM.

Comment

Ah, does it mean that when we close our platform, then we are going to have loses??

Comment

alexmaster, not sure what you mean - when you close the platform and your connection option relies on simulating the OCO logic on your local PC, then your strategy order placement could of course be affected.

achiever, as written in my previous posts, there's unfortunately no ETA on server side OCO support for the ZenFire connection, so I guess if you need this feature then IB is would possibly be a good fit for you.

Comment

Ah, i was speaking about real accounts.

Comment

Sorry Alex, not following you...

Comment

Do You mean that OCO doesn't work only in demo mode but work good on real accounts?

Comment

alexmaster, this will always depend on which underlying broker technology you use as you can see in this link - http://www.ninjatrader-support2.com/...ead.php?t=5349

If you trade on the Sim101 account, this is of course simulated locally as orders do not get placed on the exchange or broker servers.

Comment

Support,

Is ninja planning on supporting any other futures brokers(other than IB) who offer serverside OCO feature? So, that orders can be placed through ninja dom/chart-trader.

Achiever

Comment

achiever, we're always looking to offer more connections and enhance NinjaTrader's functionality, but unfortunately I'm not aware of 'serverside OCO' additions at this time, we'll update the list when as we go.

You can still use the OCO features provided in the order entry windows, but of course you would need to leave NinjaTrader running and connected then to manage the OCO logic locally for other future brokers besides IB.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
                              0 responses
                              1 view
                              0 likes
                              Last Post usazencort  
                              Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
                              5 responses