Orders Rejected

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Orders Rejected

I am using an automated moving average strategy to trade stocks. When the average crosses above the strategy goes long when it goes below it is supposed to exit and go short. There is no problem entering the first trade, however when the moving average crosses in the opposite direction, my exit and entry into the next position are entered at the same time and my order gets rejected, ("the sell order is greater than the quantity held in your account") the strategy exits and shuts down. I believe that the exit of the one position and entry into the next position are entered the same time causing the rejected order and strategy shut down. Is there a quick fix to this problem?

Hi tc101,

How are you programming your orders? If you want reversal orders you do not need to explicitly code an exit order. If you were long and you just placed an EnterShort() order it will automatically close your position first then reverse you.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Orders rejected

The orders are programmed in SET #1 cross above enter long. Set#2 cross below enter short. I don't have exits programmed yet when the strategy goes to exit and enter the new position the order gets rejected and the strategy does exit but it shuts down.

Comment

Can you provide details into how many orders per direction you have in your orders and as a position. Please ensure you are not exceeding your account balance in doing so too. See the Control Center logs for other hints as to what is going on with your strategy.

I advise you to strip your strategy down completely into bare essentials to test. You can use the SampleMACrossOver to test for yourself since it uses the same set of conditions you are currently using.
        Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
        Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
        4 responses
        0 likes