Reset data history?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset data history?

Hi me again, having a run of bad luck with computers at the moment...

My computer crashed with 4 charts open, and when I restarted all I had was corrupted data for the last session, about 4hrs worth, and its all over the place on my charts.

Is there a folder I can go to and delete price history or something, so when I open new charts, it loads up new history? Thanks in advance. I'll get the hang of it all soon!

cheers,

Antraman

imported post

No way to clean out this data. Which provider for historical data (to refill) are you subscribed to?

Comment

imported post

Hi Dierk,

Just started using IB.

Comment

imported post

So incoming tick (minute) data resides in virtual memory, memory cache, RAM or wherever?

Would that account for the problem I reported about Ninja giving me DB Job errors in this thread http://ninjatrader.mywowbb.com/forum7/753.html , where the memory usage of NT continued to creep up until freezing at around 300 - 400MB???

Perhaps writing some incoming tick data to file and clearing memory cache on a set basis might help solve this?

cheers,

Antraman

Comment

imported post

No, both issues are not related.

Comment

imported post

Hi, I still don't understand this problem of corrupt tick data. I have NT and TWS installed on 2 machines, my desktop for home, and my laptop for mobile. Both are running same versions with same set ups (charts, windows, strategies etc..).

I had a crash problem on my laptop as mentioned in the thread below, and got 2 days of damaged data. I asked if I could clear out a folder somewhere so it could reset my history, but apparently this is not possible. This suggested to me that the info maybe kept on the IB server, so I checked out the same chart on my desktop, and do not get the corrupt data. See pic. Top one is from the laptop, bottom one is from the desktop.

So it appears that the corruption lies on my laptop, so I would like to fix it, because as you can see, the false drop in price to 1.2300 changes my peaks and troughs, and it stuffs up my Bollinger bands...making analysis very difficult.

When I connect, Ninja usually loads the history by the number of days specified in the Option (default 30). You can usually see the days ticking down as the download comes in, on the message window...but in this case, it only clicks down a couple of days and opens the chart straight away. It is not even attempting to download the specified history.

If my computer is going to get DB Job errors as mentioned in my earlier post below, then Ninja is going to be shutdown abnormally each time, and I am going to get further days of currupted data. This will render it next to impossible to use for any long term analysis that uses trend lines, fibs and long term averages etc...

Perhaps the fault lies in the TWS installation folder somewhere, like JTS, or this funny looking "dhukmruwn" folder lying on my desktop???.

Help!!

Antraman

Attached Files

Comment

imported post

Load more data into your chart to overwrite what you have in your database. Request 60+ days and see if that clears things out.
              RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

imported post

Tried that, still gets the false drop.

cheers,

Antraman

ps: actually, if I do that but select a different interval to what I've used before, and a different template, I DO get proper data.

I wonder if either my Templates or a set up file is corrupted. I notice in NT5\db\ that there are 2 mdb files, one is NinjaTrader.mdb and the other is NinjaTrader.Old.mdb that is yesterdays date...0

Comment

imported post

Hmm, seems to have done the trick actually. Thanks!!! Longer history will overwrite the current one, thus cleaning it out.

So where does this history reside? In the RAM? I notice my Mem Usage in Task Manager now is at 340MB. Thats a big file to have running in memory at the best of times...

cheers,

AM

Comment

imported post

On hard disk. Its only that high since you have loaded a lot of days into a chart right now. On next chart load, load lesser amount of days back since now your data is repaired.
                    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                    24 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post spwizard  
                    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes