Disappearing workspaces...oy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Disappearing workspaces...oy

I can't pin point it, but depending on how a shut down NT, which is usually logging out of connections, then answering "yes to all" when saving workspaces, I come back next session, and my workspace is history. I see it there under 'workspaces' with a check mark, but they are gone. Then I have to re-do all my charts again and save the workspaces again, and that'll be good for a while. Same thing happens over and over. I've mentioned it before, and still cannot pinpoint as to why it happens, anyone have this problem?

Could it be caused by something a custom indicator is doing? We are not readily able to reproduce on our ends with standard charts and indicators.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

re: workspace...

I'm only running a 3 minute chart with an EMA(200) and Boll.Bands, MA, T&S, DynamicDOM, and a 1 minute TPO Chart by Fin-Alg. I have only that one workspace, and the default workspace, which as far as I can tell is nothing. That was my experiment after losing many workspaces, I figured I'd try just having one workspace and switching between markets via MA.(color coded) to see if maybe having a plethora of workspaces would screw it up. It seems the issue lay with the shutting down. For instance, I generally save the workspace, turn off connections, and then quit NT. But when shutting down, NT asks again if I want to save all workspaces, so, I say yes again. hmm

Comment

Hmm. Perhaps try without the TPO? This way you are on 100% pure stock NinjaTrader so we can eliminate other influences from the list of possibilities.

Comment

re: workspace

Yes, this has been happening before I bought TPO.

Comment

Please confirm it is still the case on the latest version of NT6.5. Try not explicitly saving your workspace before you close. Just save it as you close. See if it happens in that case. Also try the opposite case of saving workspace explicitly before closing and saying no to the save prompt that comes up afterwards.

Comment

re: workspace

I'm using 6.5.1000.4 and it just happened last nite. I will try other 'shutdown procedures.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
              7 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi  
              Started by Russ Moreland, Today, 12:54 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick