save a text column in Market Analyzer in NT8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

save a text column in Market Analyzer in NT8

I have created a text column similar to the built in notes column. Think of it as a second notes column.

When I exit NT8 and run it again later, all of the text entries in my custom text column cells are gone.

How can I have NT8 save the text I manually enter into my "custom second notes columns?"

Hello,

Thank you for the question.

I wanted to check, had you made a copy of the Notes column and then worked from that or is this a entirely new creation? The reason I ask is that the Notes column currently does serialize in a specific way so if you had not directly copied the type that may be the reason or part of what was needed is not present.

Looking in the Notes script, I see that it utilizes the override OnRestoreValues to Restore the previous notes, have you incorporated a system like this to save the notes and restore them?

Additionally this restore only occurs after you connect and have data in the dom, if you just start the platform and the text is not present that would be expected at least until you connect and select the instrument.

Finally if you have a sample of this I could review that may be helpful if you are already restoring values but it is not working correctly.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for the speedy reply.

I started with the MarketAnalyzerColumnBase Notes column code not the SuperDomColumn Notes. The MarketAnalyzerColumnBase one does not have any of the serialize code.

Are you saying I can use the SuperDom version within the Market Analyzer?

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply. My mistake, I had missed where you mentioned the market analyzer as it was only in the title.

Regarding the MA column, this would be expected as there is no serialization happening in the script. If you want to save the data, you would need to add the logic needed for that.

A very simple way to do this would be to create a public property that would get serialized or the following:

public string CurrentTextSerialized
        {
        get { return CurrentText; }
        set { CurrentText = value; }
        }

Comment

Thanks. I tried the CurrentTextSerialized code in your post and it did not save/restore the text. I tried making a property but that did not work either. I realize you cannot hold everyone's hand extensively, but if you have any code examples that would help. I am not a C# programmer. But, I AM a JAVA programmer.

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the reply.

It appears that currently the property is not being serialized correctly in custom types but is in the @ types that come with the platform.

In this case the syntax is valid but something else is causing the result you are seeing, I have submitted this to development for further review.

Comment

I am now using 8.0.0.14 64-bit (Multi-Broker) - Release Candidate 2.

My custom market analyzer text column (as described in this thread) is now being saved and restored with my workspace. I can see my text in the column when I exit and then re-run NT8. So, the bug identified below is seemingly fixed.

However, in my column's NinjaScript OnMarketData() function the restored value (which is displayed) does not show up as the value of CurrentText. The CurrentText string is empty.

If I change my column text by hand, CurrentText is the new value I entered in the OnMarketData() function and my processing works. But upon restore, CurrentText is back to empty.

I tried the serialize solution posted below, but it makes no difference either way.

Please help.

Thank you,
              Todd

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for the post.

I reviewed the report we had put in last time, and it was relayed that this should be able to serialize like the default Notes column so long as it is configured the same. Mainly the following properties would be needed, and the prior post about using a property to serialiez is not needed.
                Code:
                DataType				= typeof(string);
                IsEditable				= true;

I do see the value of CurrentText is not applied for NinjaScript but is for the MA visual, so I will post back on this issue to see if development can look into this further.

If I have further updates on this I will post back here.

Comment

Hello,

I just wanted to post back that this has been corrected for an upcoming release. When updating please check the change log in the help guide here: http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm
                  for item number 10567.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by cre8able, Today, 01:01 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post cre8able  
                  Started by manitshah915, Today, 12:59 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes