Data feed comparison question...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Data feed comparison question...

I use mostly 1 second or 1 tick charts, when connected to the Gain data feed the chart does NOT update unless the price changes, hence you have a bunch of up/down/up/down patterns etc. When connected to MBT (and possibly others) the chart will update more often and hence you have flat spots in price where price never changed but the chart was updated, this causes different behaviours on the charts with different indicators like moving averages etc. Is there any way to setup the chart with the MBT feed to only update the chart when price changes so we get a data feed that looks similar to Gain? I can post pictures for further clarification if need be. Thanks!

Originally posted by fxRichard View Post
    I use mostly 1 second or 1 tick charts, when connected to the Gain data feed the chart does NOT update unless the price changes, hence you have a bunch of up/down/up/down patterns etc. When connected to MBT (and possibly others) the chart will update more often and hence you have flat spots in price where price never changed but the chart was updated, this causes different behaviours on the charts with different indicators like moving averages etc. Is there any way to setup the chart with the MBT feed to only update the chart when price changes so we get a data feed that looks similar to Gain? I can post pictures for further clarification if need be. Thanks!
    Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This could be due to the fact that historical data is not gathered on a MB Trading account connection. You might want to try subscribing to a data only service.

Also you could try the following connecting to Gain for chart data then connect second to MBT to send your live orders.

More information on connecting to multiple account connections can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Eamon View Post
      Hello,

Thank you for your post.

This could be due to the fact that historical data is not gathered on a MB Trading account connection. You might want to try subscribing to a data only service.

Also you could try the following connecting to Gain for chart data then connect second to MBT to send your live orders.

More information on connecting to multiple account connections can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html
      Thanks for the reply, this is what I have been doing, I am trying to get around the disconnect in price between the two feeds and prefer to trade off of MBT feed but really need the chart to look like Gain (updates only when price changes). Just thought I would see if there was a quick easy answer to it.

Comment

Multi-broker account lease required?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Eamon View Post
        Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Does this require a multi-broker lease account ($280 quarterly) or can I use the regular pay live lease ($180 quarterly) to connect Gain demo for data and MB Trading live? I have the same chart data issue and prefer Gain data but would like to trade against a live MB Trading FX account.

Comment

HI,

You would only need a Single Broker license for this. Select MB Trading as your technology.
          Vince B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

"Connection Order is Significant
            If you are establishing multiple connections that overlap in their provided market data services, the connection order you establish is critical. NinjaTrader will check for required market data services in the order your connections are established.

For example:

BrokerA - Provides real-time market and historical data
            BrokerB - Provides only real-time market data

If you connect to BrokerA first and BrokerB second, when requesting market data NinjaTrader will request the data stream for both real-time and historical data from BrokerA even if you trade against BrokerB. It is possible you want to use the real-time market data from BrokerB (you perceive it to be faster) then you should connect to BrokerB first and BrokerA second. What about historical data? No problem since NinjaTrader is smart enough to realize that although it uses BrokerB for real-time data it will request historical data from BrokerA."

However,... it is not possible as you get the following message...

"You must connect to Gain(Broker A) first and then to MB Trading(Broker B) second.
            Be aware that you should not trade FX through Gain and MB Trading during the same NT session since you may experience unexpected behavior due to the uncentralized nature of FX price quotes."

The only way I have found to do this is to first connect to Gain for chart updates, then disconnect, and then connect to MBT... not really a problem, just takes a few more mouse clicks...

Cheers.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post geddyisodin  
            Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes