Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Backtesting stopped working

Hello,

Until recently (last Monday and before that) I could easily backtest all kinds of strategies all day while having some strategies running live in the background.

However, since yesterday all of a sudden I can run 2 or 3 backtests and then it just stops working. I can only get in working again by closing NT7 and open it in order to run 2 or 3 backtests again.

The screen displays:

Backtest in progress...
    Please see the Control Center Status Bar for progress update.

However, the status bar is stuck like visible in the attached picture.

Can someone help me out?

Thanks.

Regards,

Gunnar
    Attached Files

Hello Bruin813,

Here are a few things you can do to make NinjaTrader load and operate more quickly.

First, to get us to a point where we may load and optimize at all, please close NinjaTrader if it is running, right-click your NinjaTrader 64 bit shortcut on your desktop, and change its "Target" to the following :
    C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe /c "start /high C:\PROGRA~2\NINJAT~1\bin64\NinjaTrader.exe"
    From now on, NinjaTrader will start at a high process priority from this shortcut. This means that NinjaTrader will be faster, and your other programs will be slower. If you would like to disable this, so that your programs other than NinjaTrader run quickly again, you can right-click your shortcut, select "Properties", and change the word "high" to the word "normal".

Second, in a new or running chart, in the Indicators dialog (hover over the buttons on the top toolbar until you see the word "Indicator", then select that button), select every indicator in your chart, look for the "Calculate On Bar Close" property, and set it to "true"
    Finally, right-click in the same chart, selected "Properties", and set the "Display update interval (sec)" to "1.0" (it was 0.5)
    These optimizations, and many more, can be found in the Performance Tips page of the Help Guide.

Please let us know if there is any other way we can help.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Kaledus, Today, 01:29 PM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post Kaledus
    by Kaledus

Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM