Combining Data Feeds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Combining Data Feeds

Is it possible to combine two data feeds to populate history for charts? I am using NT with Mirus for futures trades and they do have history but no daily history. I also sometimes trade equities and equity options and for that I have to connect to my IB account. Can I use something like Barcharts as the backup data feed when using NT connected to Mirus so if I want to look at an equity or option or daily data of futures I can get the history from BarCharts (or perhaps OpenTick)?
    thanks
    daven

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

You can use a data only service such as Barchart.com to fill your charts with historical data then use your ZenFire account to send in your live orders.

More information on multiple account connections can be found here: http://www.ninjatrader-support.com/H...nections1.html

Comment

zen fire and IB

Using Mirus/zenfire for futures data and trading. Would like to add IB ( I have an account) to be able to chart equities (WILL NOT be trading IB just to get current equity data for charts). When I try to add a connection IB is not listed as a provider. I could use yahoo but yahoo only provides historical, no current data. How can I get IB included in the providers list?

Comment

I'm sure someone from Ninja will chime in, but sounds like you would need a multi broker license.
        TraderGuy
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - EMS

Comment

Hello Meyer99:

Thank you for your post.

Since IB data is from a supported broker for both charting and order execution, your Single Broker license key will not allow you to connect to both Zenfire and IB.

In order to connect to both on the same pc, you must upgrade to the Multi Broker live license key.

This license key will also allow you to not only chart you equities but also submit orders to your IB brokerage account.

If you only need charting and not order submission for IB, you can use NinjaTrader for free with our Free license key.

Please email sales @ ninjatrader dot com and I will be happy to further assist and send you te free license key or details on how to uprade to a Multi Broker license key.

Happy Trading!
          RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I hope not. I only want to trade one account. The second connection is just for chart data, no different than a sim account.

Comment

Ryan,
              So I will have to have two instances of NT running at the same time? Was hoping all can be done under one.

Comment

Hi Meyer99:

Unfortunately, it is not possible to run on one pc unless you purchase the Multi Broker license key since the second datafeed (IB) can be used for order submission.

Please email our team at sales @ ninjatrader dot com for the free license key to run on your second pc.

Have a great day and happy trading!
                RyanNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                0 responses