Allowing Open Webpage to Be On Top of NT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allowing Open Webpage to Be On Top of NT

I just updated my OS to Windows 10 the other day. When I have NT open with the charts and SuperDOM and all, if I have a webpage in a browser like Chrome open and I click on any element in NT it comes to the top covering the webpage. So that's okay. But when I click on the browser page it remains in the background, rather than coming to the top. Not sure how to fix this. Before when I clicked on a webpage it would cover everything in NT. Thanks.

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
    I just updated my OS to Windows 10 the other day. When I have NT open with the charts and SuperDOM and all, if I have a webpage in a browser like Chrome open and I click on any element in NT it comes to the top covering the webpage. So that's okay. But when I click on the browser page it remains in the background, rather than coming to the top. Not sure how to fix this. Before when I clicked on a webpage it would cover everything in NT. Thanks.
    This most likely means your NinjaTrader windows have "Always on top" enabled. To disable this, please right-click on your NinjaTrader windows (charts, SuperDOMs, etc.) > Uncheck "Always on top".

Comment

I see I posted this in the wrong place. Sorry. I'm using NT 7.0.1000.31.

Comment

Thanks Patrick. I thought it was that too, but it isn't. Those aren't checked.

Comment

I'll try some other browsers and see if it does the same thing.

Comment

Seems to be a Chrome issue. When I open Firefox or MS Edge I can't even get an open chart to come to the top of an open webpage. In Chrome once the chart is on top of an open webpage the only way to get it off is to minimize it which I wouldn't want to do. Want to just go back and forth. View the elements of NT and then look at things in the browser. I'll try to update Chrome and see if that helps. Probably won't.

Comment

Originally posted by bce111 View Post
              Seems to be a Chrome issue. When I open Firefox or MS Edge I can't even get an open chart to come to the top of an open webpage. In Chrome once the chart is on top of an open webpage the only way to get it off is to minimize it which I wouldn't want to do. Want to just go back and forth. View the elements of NT and then look at things in the browser. I'll try to update Chrome and see if that helps. Probably won't.
              That's interesting. I can't reproduce this on my end. Let me know the results of your test.

Also, I've found the Windows tool of SHIFT + right-clicking on an open program's icon in your Windows Task Bar to be able to either "minimize all windows" or "Restore all windows" to come in handy in certain circumstances.

Comment

Interesting. Just to clarify, to make sure we're doing the same thing. When I have NT and Chrome open. And I'm on a webpage in Chrome and I click on anything in NT, that element of NT comes to the top without having "always on top" checked. Then if I click anywhere in Chrome it stays in the background and won't come to the top.

And I checked and have the latest 64 bit version of Chrome. Wonder if I should try NT 8?

Comment

Something must be up with Windows 10. Now I had NT open and couldn't bring the Control Center window to the top when clicking on it. Really weird. But if I brought it up first from the taskbar, then whatever chart I brought up from the taskbar would go to the background and then if I clicked on that it also would remain in the background behind the Control Center window. Weird.

Well, I'll take a break. The hassles of installing and configuring new Os's.

I'll be back later. Hope everyone's having a good day.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:19 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                  Started by Rapine Heihei, Today, 08:25 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Rapine Heihei