Remove obsolete strategies from strategy tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remove obsolete strategies from strategy tab

apparently, the strategy tab lists the complete history of strategies ever used. If I remove one it is gone temporarily, but upon restarting NJ it appears again.

How can I reset the strategy tab completely and remove obsolete strategies for good?

Hello rafe0304,

It sounds like your database is in an inconsistent state. I would recommend backing up your database to preserve your existing price history, and then resetting your database.

To backup your database, please copy your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db\NinjaTrader.sdf file to another location. You should do this with NinjaTrader off. You can copy your backup to this location again to restore your old database. Restoring your old database will allow you to see your old price history.

To reset your database, after disconnecting from your data feed provider, from the NT7 Control Center -> Tools -> Data -> Reset DB -> Yes -> OK -> OK -> Restart Ninja

If this persists through a reset, please shut down NinjaTrader, restore your database, and let us know.
    Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by rafe0304 View Post
      apparently, the strategy tab lists the complete history of strategies ever used. If I remove one it is gone temporarily, but upon restarting NJ it appears again.

How can I reset the strategy tab completely and remove obsolete strategies for good?

This happens to me every week. Even if you clean them out, something will come back the following week.

There's a bug, probably related to adding strategy to a chart (as that's what I'm doing).

Comment

This is an unusual and difficult to reproduce situation. The next time this occurs, please e-mail your database to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com , with attn:NinjaTrader_JessicaP and the unique ID 1553716 in the subject line. By database, I am referring to your (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\NinjaTrader.sdf file. If this file is too large to send easily, please use the freely and publicly available site sendspace.com .
        Jessica P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by MacDad, 02-25-2024, 11:48 PM
        7 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post loganjarosz123  
        Started by Belfortbucks, Today, 09:29 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes