Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More than one data series option for indicator

Hello,

In NT7, let’s say I want a 285 Tick period chart, but I want one of my indicators to be based on an 854T chart without displaying the data series for the 854T on the chart. Is the correct way to do it to add the 854T to the first panel of the chart, and set the bar colors to transparent, and price marker etc to false. Then I have the 854T for selection in the properties section of the indicator?

Secondly, I am using a trimmed label for the indicator, but I want to see the dataseries in the label to make sure that I have the correct one selected. This is the current code:

Code:
    public override string ToString()
    		{
    			return Name + "(" + period + ", " + minLookBackPeriod + " )";
    		}
    What do I need to insert and where, in order to see the DataSeries also? I have tried the obvious DataSeries & InputSeries, and neither worked.

Thank you.
    Last edited by GeorgeW; 08-06-2016, 11:32 AM.

Hello GeorgeW,

Thank you for writing in.

Adding that 854T Data Series to your chart would be one solution, but you can also add an additional series to your script and have its plots based on that secondary series rather than the primary without the need of creating the secondary Data Series on the chart.

You'll want to use Add() to add the series in Initialize(): https://ninjatrader.com/support/help.../nt7/?add3.htm

More information about multi-time/multi-instrument scripts can be found here: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nstruments.htm

For your chart label, you'll want to obtain Instrument.FullName for the instrument's name and then BarsPeriod.Id (minute, for example) and BarsPeriod.Value (1, for example).

If I were to use a 1 minute ES 09-16 series as the indicator's input series, the code below
    Code:
    public override string ToString()
    {
    	return Instrument.FullName + " " + BarsPeriod.Value + " " + BarsPeriod.Id;
    }
    would display ES 09-16 1 Minute.

Please, let us know if we may be of further assistance.
    Zachary G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by giulyko00, Yesterday, 12:03 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by habeebft, Today, 07:27 AM
    1 response
    0 likes