Cannot load German stocks data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot load German stocks data

Hello, I am experiencing issues receiving german data from IB. I can receive data from dutch, french and spanish stocks specifying AEB, SBF and BM at the Ninja instrument manager on the symbol map (as an example: BBVA|BM). IB SMART doesn't work with Europe stocks.

But with german stocks I tried with FWB, IBIS and CHIXDE and I cannot receive data. My data subscription is correct but I wonder if I am writing the correct data source. IB couldn't help me because TWS works.

Any help about this?

Hello guillembm,

Thank you for your post,

We will certainly see if we can assist in getting these stocked mapped correctly withing NinjaTrader. So I may test on my end, what are some of the stocks you have attempted to import so far?

Also, if you get an error when attempted to load these stocks on your end, what does it report?

I look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Mapping for german stocks with IB

Thanks,

As an example the mapping I use for BMW is BMW|CHIXDE, for Bayer is BAYN|CHIXDE or SAP|CHIXDE .

I get no error. Ninja loads perfectly historical data but it doesn't load real time data. I also attach an example of the settings of the instrument manager.
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello guillembm,

Thank you for your reply,

Unfortunately, our IB test account is not enabled for these exchanges so I'm not able to completely verify the settings, but I believe I was able map these correctly with the settings below.

Let me know the behavior you see with these settings. Also, please check the Log tab of the Control Center and let me know if any error is generated there when attempting to load these stocks, feel free to post a screen shot.
        Attached Files

Comment

Thanks. With this settings I made it work for some of them. But there is still a list that doesn't load real time data: ADS, BAYN, BMW, DBK, DPW, EOA, FRE, HEN, IFX, LHA, LIN, MUV2, SIE, TKA

Do you see any common factor within them?

Comment

Hello guillembm

Thank you for your reply,

These stocks seem to be showing the same listed exchange within TWS's Instrument Descriptions page, though many do show to use Smart as well.

I know you mentioned IB Smart not working with European stocks, though try adding |SMART after the symbol for the Symbol map field.

For example, BMW|SMART

To type the "|" use the key that is above your Enter button, this a a pipe symbol or a vertical line; the key also has the "\" symbol as well.

Comment

It doesn't work. I suppose that changing the exchange from the Definition tab wouldn't help if the symbol is mapped.

Comment

The Exchange setting does play a role in this, sorry I was under the impression these were on the same exchange.

More information on setting up a custom symbol in Interactive Brokers can be found below:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...ad.php?t=45833

Below is a Video Example with Interactive Brokers showing the process of adding an instrument to NinjaTrader:

http://screencast.com/t/ShiCvNgeg4r

Comment

Problem solved. I'm subscribed to IB to load data from 200 sumultaneous instruments.

I'm sure that I am trading 196 instruments. Even so, TWS counted 202 instruments. I reduced 3 instruments and it works.

Thanks

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
                  1 response
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_Zachary  
                  Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes