Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chart.ChartControl.OnPaint: Out of memory

What does this mean, what does it indicate:

2016-08-11 17:04:24:190 Chart.ChartControl.OnPaint: Out of memory.

sandman

Hello sandman,
    Thanks for your reply.
    You do not have enough memory to complete the operation.
    You can likely free up memory by restarting your computer.
    If you are not running the 64 bit version of NinjaTrader and your connection(s)/script(s) work with the 64 bit version, use the 64 bit version.
    BrandonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Brandon.

Got it. I run Windows7 Professional, 32-bit OS and 3.5 GB usable RAM. Restarting the computer solves the problem only partially because an hour later I have the same problem (which then does not allow me to switch to and check other instruments). Within that hour the cached physical memory keeps increasing while reducing the available RAM. And that is with only NinjaTrader running.

What can I do to delete that built up cached memory without having to restart my computer every hour?

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,
        Thanks for your reply.
        What is the size of your database file? Right click on the ninjatrader.sdf file and select Properties to check. This is located under Documents\NinjaTrader 7\db

Comment

Originally posted by sandman View Post
          Brandon.

Got it. I run Windows7 Professional, 32-bit OS and 3.5 GB usable RAM. Restarting the computer solves the problem only partially because an hour later I have the same problem (which then does not allow me to switch to and check other instruments). Within that hour the cached physical memory keeps increasing while reducing the available RAM. And that is with only NinjaTrader running.

What can I do to delete that built up cached memory without having to restart my computer every hour?

sandman
          It sounds like you are creating objects which never get released. What objects are you creating in your code?

Comment

There are two sdf files:

NinjaTrader.Old 198.5 MegaByte
            NinjaTrader 8.79 MegaByte

Comment

koganam

Drawn arrows, triangles and drawn lines. What does it mean to "release" them?

sandman

Comment

Hello sandman,

Thanks for your reply.

As a test, please take the following steps to force NinjaTrader to start without your saved workspace. You will have the option to reopen these after our tests.

Shut down NinjaTrader

Navigate to (My) Documents\NinjaTrader 7\workspaces

Delete the file named "_Workspaces.XML". DO NOT delete the 'workspaces' folder - only delete the '_Workspaces.XML' file within the 'workspaces' folder

After deleting this file, restart NinjaTrader which should startup without any workspaces.

Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

*Please note this will not delete your workspace however the new blank workspace will be named Untitled1. If you have a workspace already named Untitled1 however you will not want to save the workspace when exiting NinjaTrader, otherwise it will overwrite it.
                If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to File--> Workspaces--> Open workspace.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns. I also suggest making a backup of your workspace so we can restore a backup if the issue returns.

I have provided a link below to our Help Guide that goes over backing up and restoring.

Comment

Brandon,

Thanks. I did what you laid out but my problem continued. I then looked into the utilization of my computer resources. Opening the Processes tab under Windows 7 Task Manager showed up several programs to be running and using up physical memory. I killed those and it got better but not optimum yet. Then I realized there is another button "Show processes from all users" in the Task Manager and that in turn showed up a couple more processes to be utilizing physical memory. Killed those off as well. Result: Now the physical memory remains below 50%.

All's well that ends well.
                  sandman

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM
                  3 responses
                  1 like
                  Last Post PaulMohn  
                  Started by TheWhiteDragon, 01-21-2019, 12:44 PM
                  4 responses