X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do i add profit and stop target?

Hi,

Im sorry i might sound newbie here,

i was trying to place an sell stop order from the chart by right clicking and sell stop, it places the order, then got filled, now, how do i add profit target and stop order for the filled order?

One more thing, when i select 'Chart Trader Properties' > 'General' > 'Parameter Type' > 'Price' then i select apply, when i select 'ATM Strategy' from the 'Chart Trader' > i cant key-in the price that i wanted at 'Stop Loss' and 'Profit Target' at 'ATM Strategy Parameters (price)' at 'ATM Strategy' window. But if i choice Ticks, i can key-in the ticks.

Can you allow us to key-in the price that we wanted rather than using the up and down scroll.

Thanks
    Last edited by Greenmoney21; 07-09-2008, 12:52 AM.

To get protective orders you want to have set them up via the ATM strategy beforehand. That way they will automatically be submitted when you get filled on your entry order. The ATM orders are done by relative ticks.
    Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

What? thats mean we cant get protective orders after the order got filled?

NT should be flexible, like other platform, MT4 or basis platform comes with forex account, this is the basis orders.

Can NT improvise on this?

Originally posted by Josh View Post
      To get protective orders you want to have set them up via the ATM strategy beforehand. That way they will automatically be submitted when you get filled on your entry order. The ATM orders are done by relative ticks.

Comment

It is also possible to submit an OCO order to protect your position after your entry order got filled. Once you are in a position, please right click in ChartTrader and enable "OCO Order". Submit a buy or sell order, depending wether you are long or short, above and below your position.

Note, please do not forget to disable "OCO Order" once you submitted your protective orders.
        JasonNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

By doing this, it wont open a new order but instead it close my previous order if one of the oco order is hit, is that correct?

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jason View Post
          It is also possible to submit an OCO order to protect your position after your entry order got filled. Once you are in a position, please right click in ChartTrader and enable "OCO Order". Submit a buy or sell order, depending wether you are long or short, above and below your position.

Note, please do not forget to disable "OCO Order" once you submitted your protective orders.

Comment

You place your stop and your profit orders. They are OCO. When one is filled the other will cancel.
            Josh P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi,

How do i place my stop and profit orders if the I'm already in a open positions?

I'm still not so sure, I'm sorry. I'm too used to with other platform (MT4), whereby it shows the open positions and still allow us to edit the open position for stop and profit target.

Hope you could explain again.

By the way, could you guys do something to this problem as well :

-
              One more thing, when i select 'Chart Trader Properties' > 'General' > 'Parameter Type' > 'Price' then i select apply, when i select 'ATM Strategy' from the 'Chart Trader' > i cant key-in the price that i wanted at 'Stop Loss' and 'Profit Target' at 'ATM Strategy Parameters (price)' at 'ATM Strategy' window. But if i choice Ticks, i can key-in the ticks.
              -

Can you guys allow us to type(key-in the numeric numbers) into text box area, for 'ATM Strategy Parameters (price)' - 'Profit Target' or 'Stop Loss' since we already choice 'price' as our main options not ticks.

Thanks

Originally posted by Josh View Post
              You place your stop and your profit orders. They are OCO. When one is filled the other will cancel.

Comment

Hello,

Please follow these steps to bracket in an open position. Also note, that you will not be able to apply an ATM 'profit target' or 'stop loss' once a naked position has been taken.

- enable OCO

- Place your stop loss 'Stop' order (below the market for a long position, above the market for a short position)

- Place your profit target 'Limit' order (above the market for a long position, above the market for a short position)

When using the price parameter type you'll need to enter the actual price you'd like the profit target or stop loss to be placed at.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for the instructions. Im using NT to trade Forex.

Can i do these steps at my chart or it just works at FX Pro or SuperDOM? I would prefer at chart.

By doing these step it wont open new position correct if one of the OCO order is triggered?

I think there is a bug at 'FX Pro', then you select the instrument > then select Order type > Stop or Limit > you cant type or keyin the price manually using keyboard. But if you didnt select the instrument first, you can type at the text boxes. I think same problem to 'ATM Strategy Parameters (price)'.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Eamon View Post
                  Hello,

Please follow these steps to bracket in an open position. Also note, that you will not be able to apply an ATM 'profit target' or 'stop loss' once a naked position has been taken.

- enable OCO

- Place your stop loss 'Stop' order (below the market for a long position, above the market for a short position)

- Place your profit target 'Limit' order (above the market for a long position, above the market for a short position)

When using the price parameter type you'll need to enter the actual price you'd like the profit target or stop loss to be placed at.

Comment

Yes- you can do this with the Chart Trader.

It will just fill the order you placed in the OCO.

I will forward your information on the Price setting for the FX Pro.
                    JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply.

I'll try and get back to you if i have anything..

Thanks

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jessica View Post
                      Yes- you can do this with the Chart Trader.

It will just fill the order you placed in the OCO.

I will forward your information on the Price setting for the FX Pro.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
                      2 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post wzgy0920  
                      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
                      5 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post wzgy0920