multi broker / tradestation question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multi broker / tradestation question

Sorry if this has been covered before but I couldn't find the exact question I have.

I have two accounts and I want to auto-trade two different YM charts, on different time frames, one in each account. I have the multi-broker NT license but I'm stuck as to where I can differentiate between the two YM charts.

In TradeStation I have a YM 3 minute and a 5 minute chart. How do I specify the 3min chart to auto-trade in the first brokerage account and the 5min the second?

My TS charts are named @YM under the workspace named "NinjaTrader". Do I have to set up seperate workspaces to specify which account my charts will be traded in? Do I have to look in the Instrument Editor under Misc menu to set this up?

I didn't plan on using a superDOM on every strategy unless something gets off sync. I see the selector for the account to trade in the superDOM, but not elsewhere.

Thanks in advance.

-Ben

Two separate workspaces will do the trick.
    RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks! still have a question though.

I have the TS workspace named " NinjaTrader1;Account=Sim101 " and this seems to work correctly.

I have a Zen-Fire account so would the correct syntax be "NinjaTrader1;Account=XXXXX" ? or is it "NinjaTrader1;Account=XXXXX!Dorman!AMP" ? <-- is the name exactly as it appears

Also I have a wierd problem. While trading the strategy on the sim101 with a second workspace open, ex "NinjaTrader2;Account=XXXXX" I seem to be getting double the contracts on the sim101 account (I have a YM on the sim101 workspace and also a YM on the second workspace). When I close the 2nd workspace I get normal contract amount fills. Also, the 2nd workspace seems to be incorrectly named as it isn't trading correctly, so maybe that's part of the problem.

I looked on the Set Up page of the help file but I'm still seeming to have a problem.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Comment

The Zen-Fire workspace would be called NinjaTrader1;Account=XXXXX.

As for the second question please review this link:

JessicaNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks will give that a try.

Ben

Comment

Alrighty, here is my next problem.

I got the TradeStation workspaces named correctly (or so I think) and I did a test run with a YM chart trading 2 contracts correctly. But when I opened the 2nd workspace, which is supposed to be routed to a different account, I'm having errors.

I ran one YM chart on workspace "NinjaTrader1;Account=XXXXX" and another YM chart (different time frame) on workspace "NinjaTrader2;Account=XXXXX".

The YM chart for the 2nd workspace is routing orders to the first account. I ended up being short 4 contracts in the first account and 0 in the 2nd, when I want it to be 2 and 2.

I can't see anything I've overlooked. I've read the link posted above and my setup seems to be correct.

Anything I should look at?

Thanks again,

Ben

Comment

Originally posted by flampy View Post
              Alrighty, here is my next problem.

I got the TradeStation workspaces named correctly (or so I think) and I did a test run with a YM chart trading 2 contracts correctly. But when I opened the 2nd workspace, which is supposed to be routed to a different account, I'm having errors.

I ran one YM chart on workspace "NinjaTrader1;Account=XXXXX" and another YM chart (different time frame) on workspace "NinjaTrader2;Account=XXXXX".

The YM chart for the 2nd workspace is routing orders to the first account. I ended up being short 4 contracts in the first account and 0 in the 2nd, when I want it to be 2 and 2.

I can't see anything I've overlooked. I've read the link posted above and my setup seems to be correct.

Anything I should look at?

Thanks again,

Ben
              Hello Ben,

Thank you for your post.

Can you send a note in addressed to my attentioin to Support at NinjaTrader dot com.

Please include your phone number as I'd like to login to your PC to check some of your settings.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by love2code2trade, 04-17-2024, 01:45 PM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post love2code2trade  
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani